• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
The original TMPS sensors do not need any syncing/reprogramming, either with winter/summer or 18"/19" rims. if you're talking about aftermarket ones, no clue.. :rolleyes:

I was going to leave the tpms in each set of wheels and wondered if the car could "remember" both sets

That won't be a problem, you just have to drive a few and it'll take care of itself. Again, talking about the original sensors. :)

I've got after market sensors in my wheels, from rimstyle.
They required programming for the car, but that was done by rimstyle and included in the cost of the sensors.
The car picked them up after a short while, some people have had it take longer though. There's another thread about it if you have a search.

Check when ordering, I ordered aftermarket wheels and TMPS, but choose option of programming.
Received TMPS are Continental brand and working fine. After couple of km they were synchronised.

Quick questions for you folks...don't know if someone reported this (I apologise if so), but this morning I adjusted the tyre pressure (2,5 bar front and 2,3 bar back) according to the manometer. After a minute or so, as I got in the car and the gauge started reading the tyre pressure, it read 2,8 and 2,6. Did anyone encountered this discrepancy between the TMPS and a manometer? Which reading should I trust?

Quick questions for you folks...don't know if someone reported this (I apologise if so), but this morning I adjusted the tyre pressure (2,5 bar front and 2,3 bar back) according to the manometer. After a minute or so, as I got in the car and the gauge started reading the tyre pressure, it read 2,8 and 2,6. Did anyone encountered this discrepancy between the TMPS and a manometer? Which reading should I trust?
After a minute of driving? What are the temperatures? I use these things hanging on the gas station. Seems to be nearly the same (+/- 0,1bar)

After a minute of driving? What are the temperatures? I use these things hanging on the gas station. Seems to be nearly the same (+/- 0,1bar)
About 8℃ in the morning, and after a few hours 10℃, in which point the front had 3,0 and the back 2,7-2,8

I use these things hanging on the gas station. Seems to be nearly the same (+/- 0,1bar)
I'm guessing that German petrol station air machines are subject to all sorts of legislation and strict calibration requirements:) It is reassuring that there is good correlation between them and the TPMS sensors.

My TPMS agrees pretty well with the air gauge that I have used for years.

At the end of the day it's all down to calibration. Which do you trust most?

Only, if you want the new TPMS serial numbers registered the in the ECU. The new ones will automatically sync and send the correct psi to the system. If you transfer the old TPMS to the new rims, no need.

The actually procedure is too; Replace the TPMS, using a handheld reader which activates and registers the TPMS and new serial number. Then, upload the new serial numbers to the ECU from the handheld, via the Hyundai SAE unit. Then register them in the ECU with the Hyundai SAE unit, to replace the old serial numbers.

The long and short of it.

Reactions: Stash-N
It has come to our attention via our service department that two N customers have experienced a sizeable drop in tyre pressure, for no apparent reason.

No obvious damage seems to have occurred and valves seem ok.
Both were front O/S and had covered a long journey (75 & 100miles) when they dropped to 26psi.

We think it’s very odd but a coincidence.
Any other or similar issues with tyres or pressures known of ?

No not in any of the HMC/ Genesis products we’ve owned. Was it checked by the TPMS or manually?

First and simplest check is; to see if the valve cores are tight. Normally, if loose and not bottomed they will leak slowly as the pressure increases in the tyre from extended use. If ambient weather was cold, you can also expect more drastic changes in tire pressures. As much as 6 psi or more overnight.

If it was displayed on the TPMS, recalibrate with the Hyundai SAE Unit, take it for a spin and leave it set over night. Of course standardizing pressures after calibration and recheck the next morning.

Batteries in the TPMS Units can also begin to fail and send false readings.

Sidewalk flex is another issues, which can contribute to reductions in tire pressures. If either i30N were drove in a spirited manner over the course of the trip, small amounts of pressure can escape thru the bead itself. Normally, this happens due to tires being under inflated to begin with.

It won’t effect the bead integrity or cause a catastrophic deflation either. Just check for any deformations in the tyre carcass to be sure. These amount to, sidewalk separations, bubbles, or damage to the tyre beads or rim mounting surface.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stash-N
I had an issue this morning on a ~10km drive (at about 15 degrees celcius) where the tyre pressures were stuck on the "Drive to register" type of message. I tried restarting the car half way on the trip, but this didn't make a difference. Usually the tyre pressures register within one kilometre.
I've not seen this in the six months of ownership, and hopefully it rectifies itself on the way home.

Has anyone seen this before? If it persists then a trip to Hyundai might be in order (I'm a further six months away from the next service; just interested in what else might be upset through this).

I did once, when temps dropped quite a lot overnight back in October/November.

Pumped the tyres up, drove the 40 miles to work - that message never went off.

Drove 40 miles home later that day... message still on.

IIRC, I ended up reducing pressures before immediately pumping them back up - the sensors then reset within about 10 mins.

Reactions: GazmaN
Update on my earlier issue ...
Tyre pressures returned on the drive home from work, and has stayed working for the last two days.
I'm not really sure what freaked it out and stopped any readings (it was the first real cold day in Sydney; but still >10 degrees!), but something I'll keep an eye on. I regularly check my tyre pressures to 38/35 psi with a separate gauge, so there was good pressure at the time. Weird.

Front left came on today. Was VERY cold here this morning. Drove where I was going (the tyre wasn't flat, or very low at all) and having pumped it up and driven 100kms it has not reset.
Any thoughts?

Front left came on today. Was VERY cold here this morning. Drove where I was going (the tyre wasn't flat, or very low at all) and having pumped it up and driven 100kms it has not reset.
Any thoughts?
Might be worth trying letting lots of the air out of the tyre then re-inflating it to a couple of PSI over what it should be. It seems to 'force' the sensor to reset. If it does, just let a little bit of air out to keep it at the correct pressure.