• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Against the rules | Sofisticated i30NP Adventure HotHatch

Interesting, i got my car in Austria with GPF this week,
in the instruction manual the change interval is still 10000 km.

Interesting, i got my car in Austria with GPF this week,
in the instruction manual the change interval is still 10000 km.
In the manual yes but because is still the 2017 manual (at least in the mine)
In the menu in your car (into the lcd in the middle of the cluster) you can see the mantainance interval and in the mine says 20k km

I checked it in my car, there are also 10000 km (currently 9997 :)) indicated.
The manual for MY 19 that i downloaded, shows also 10000 km or every 12 months .
Maybe a mistake of the workshop?

I checked it in my car, there are also 10000 km (currently 9997 :)) indicated.
The manual for MY 19 that i downloaded, shows also 10000 km or every 12 months .
Maybe a mistake of the workshop?
In the mine?
I don't know but shouldn't be because the car was new and the delear changed nothing......i'm more confused Now ahahah

In the manual yes but because is still the 2017 manual (at least in the mine)
In the menu in your car (into the lcd in the middle of the cluster) you can see the mantainance interval and in the mine says 20k km
This is a dealer mistake. I had the same thing.
I changed myself on 10k. The dealer admitted he was wrong.

This is a dealer mistake. I had the same thing.
I changed myself on 10k. The dealer admitted he was wrong.
To me he told that hyundai was increasing the oil change time to 20k to be conformed to the other machine of the brand .....for example I knew that before was 15k not 10k km

In the menu in your car (into the lcd in the middle of the cluster) you can see the maintenance interval and in the mine says 20k km
You can set that to whatever value you wish, it doesn't affect the actual service interval, it's just a reminder.

Reactions: asd
Yes, I believe in your workshop, otherwise the operating instructions are wrong.
I can imagine that the interval at the transfer inspection was set incorrectly.
When I picked up mine on Tuesday the mileage was 9 km. The drive home is 3 km,
which coincides with the 9997 km to the next oil change.
Therefore, I suspect that the dealer has set the interval at the transfer inspection.
Maybe just a typo, it is best to ask your dealer.

I will try to ask to another delear or hyundai italy......because my delear insisted in the 20k km mark

I changed the oil on 3000km, doesn't matter if the instruction manual tells you about 10kkm or 20kkm. Its better to change oil very often.

Meanwhile.. We gave the N a korean Gyenox coating on the whole car. After that the blue is more blue. The front LED lights went to yellow with a fog wrap.
And i debadged the rear as well. _DSC5778.jpg_DSC5787.jpg_DSC5788.jpg_DSC5790.jpg_DSC5794.jpg_DSC5799.jpg_DSC5800.jpg_DSC5804.jpg

I am not convinced by todays intervals on some cars... 30k seems a lot even for a 'civil' daily, but would not service an N every 20k even if the dealer told me to. I was kinda still hoping the dealer/service book would say 15k. I usually rech the year interval rather then the milage, but I can already confirm somehow routes to/from work and grocery runs tend to get longer distance than usual, not sure if it's a bug or a feature on this car ;)

Reactions: GazmaN and Stash-N
I have 6000km mileage on my car and I have been changing oil twice :) In my oppinion oil must be changed after each 5000km-s if car has performance engine and will be driven using high rpm-s.

Korean manual said 10kkm/12mo for a normal condition, and 5kkm/6mo for a harsh condition (JSN do not have the GPF). These are the harsh conditions defined by the manual.
  1. Drive on short trips repeatedly
  2. Dirt/dust entering the engine
  3. Excessively long idling
  4. The majority of trips were done in heavily trafficked areas and 32+C temperature.
  5. Frequent gravel road, snow covered road or off road driving
  6. Frequent canyon road or uphill driving
  7. Being used as police car, taxi, commercial vehicle, tow car, etc
  8. Frequent high speed driving (over 170kph)
  9. Frequent stop and go driving
  10. Driving in cold area where the use of calcium chloride or salt (for the ice control) is common
Someone who lives in a big city and daily drive the car usually falls into #1 and #9 and possibly #4. For me, it's always either #1/#4/#9 or #6/#8, nothing in between. I believe either the hours of operation or the cumulative crankshaft revolutions is better metrics than the mileage, since those are what really matters and the mileage is just the means to guesstimate those things.

I've changed the engine oil based on my track mileage (every 700-900km which is about 2 days worth of track driving, unless the oil temp hit the 135+C), and with the road miles, that worked out as an interval of 1,500-2,000km for the Veloster N so far. For a non track car, I use the hours of engine operation (100 hours), instead of the mileage. For a rarely driven car, one year.

View attachment 4722View attachment 4723Black badges & the CAI waiting for free time to mount.
Cai looking great :) I know you've been printing yours, but where could one be bought? I'd like to mount one on mine also.
And onemore thing.... which tranny oilhave you give in your tranny when you changed it? And why did you change so fast? For better oil or just because new car?
Thanks

Reactions: Dan_bush27