• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Owners: What's your main gripe?

I really don't understand why they've designed the display like this. How come 'Low' is better than actual reading?
It's a bit of a Hyundai theme. If I had a "LOW" warning I would want to know if it's 29 psi, pump up with footpump and carry on with your day, or 5 psi, you'd be better fitting the spacesaver spare wheel. Ditto whether to waste a can of inflator gunk for a couple of psi low.

It's a bit of a Hyundai theme. If I had a "LOW" warning I would want to know if it's 29 psi, pump up with footpump and carry on with your day, or 5 psi, you'd be better fitting the spacesaver spare wheel. Ditto whether to waste a can of inflator gunk for a couple of psi low.
Footpump? You'll be retro fitting pop up side winkers next! :D

Today makes 3 weeks of ownership and 3000km later :) I can’t really fault the car but have a few gripes.

1. The onboard entertainment system has restarted on me twice, once using the android connected feature and the other time just on Bluetooth. No settings were reset or anything just a minor annoyance.

2. Performance Blue seems to be much harder to keep clean than my previous vehicles, especially the rear boot (constantly accumulating dust and dirt)

3. On Monday when I got to work the car wouldn’t lock with the wireless module. It wouldn’t even lock all the doors when I used the key, only the door with the key in it. I got in, restarted the car and turned it off again AFTER checking all the doors were closed and it appeared to work. The light on the wireless module was working every button press, a weird anomaly that I don’t wish to see again!

4. The Autonomous Emergency Braking system alert / beeping appears to be very sensitive – maybe it’s just my ‘spirited’ driving style but I hear it every few days when people cut me off or I go to overtake

5. Now everything’s starting to wear in properly and I am more confident to put the power down around some twisty roads near mine, I find myself wishing it had a little bit of more power! Even just around 230kw/400nm would be nice. I am beginning to feel the difference between driving solo VS a few friends in the car.

6. Torque steer / eDiff – I personally love how it reacts on the road and have learnt to expect it but everyone who has driven it I have warned “you’ll want two hands on the wheel if you give it some in 1st or 2nd” and they never do because “oh please it’s a Hyundai”… It’s made for some scary times

Absolutely love this car, I’ve missed having a manual :cool:

4. There are 3 sensitivity levels.

Well I'll be... Seem to be learning more and more about this car everyday... I had next to 0 explanation from the dealer about it's features and only learnt what I wanted to know from Youtube review videos...

Have you got anyy other hot tips? Or should I go straight to the user manual that's gathering dust in the glove box :oops::p

Person says that they're going to wait for a facelift model due to a few teething issues they've seen, N world explodes into defensive mode.

Chill. Out.

If you can't have an opinion on an N because you don't have one...I'm pretty sure 99% of us here shouldn't be bashing other makes either, but :rolleyes:

At least @eddie_gt4 got @Corsa59 to give us a full run down on his cars and N experience. I for one was interested to read his views. I did not hear any explosions but maybe I live too far from Sunny Queensland. A Queenslanders normal state was "chill" I thought. Not talking about the weather here by the way.
I was interested to read @eddie_gt4 's views also. Another reason we have this forum - exchange of views. Not always going to agree but that is a given I believe. :cool:
@eddie_gt4 is just more cautious when confronted with a car that is a little different to the standard offering from Hyundai. If you read enough negative stuff it will flavor your thoughts. I think if @eddie_gt4 was poisoned by these issues he would have left the forum and be researching another marque. Either way if fills in my lunchtime reading all this. :):):):):):):):):):)

@Stash-N true. But it was more about this general sentiment that you can’t say anything unless you’ve got one. All that was said was ‘I think I’d hold off’ and the initial response was along the lines of ‘it’s the most ridiculous thing on the forum’ - definitely not true ;)

I wouldn’t necessarily call this a gripe unless it keeps happening but my infotainment system rebooted today for the first time when I was driving, no big deal really as it returned to normal pretty quick..

Have you got anyy other hot tips? Or should I go straight to the user manual that's gathering dust in the glove box :oops::p
To be fair, there is too much information about this car for every detail to be covered at handover, and you would forget 50% of it anyway until you get into using it. My hottest tip is to read the what did you learn thread, then the manual.

@Stash-N true. But it was more about this general sentiment that you can’t say anything unless you’ve got one. All that was said was ‘I think I’d hold off’ and the initial response was along the lines of ‘it’s the most ridiculous thing on the forum’ - definitely not true ;)
"its the most ridiculous thing on the forum" I have told you a million times to stop exaggerating :eek:
We are all prone to doing this from time to time. An over reaction when viewed by some perhaps.

Reactions: simmo777
Well I'll be... Seem to be learning more and more about this car everyday... I had next to 0 explanation from the dealer about it's features and only learnt what I wanted to know from Youtube review videos...

FFS, it's not even RTFM anymore...
don't you people at least go through the menus on your car? soon people will be complaining the seat is too close/far and be surprised it can be adjusted...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Reactions: simmo777 and Mark46
FFS, it's not even RTFM anymore...
don't you people at least go through the menus on your car? soon people will be complaining the seat is too close/far and be surprised it can be adjusted...

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

I have scrolled through all of the menus and had a play around with what I was comfortable with adjusting, adjusting the sensitivity of the AEB was not one of them! I'm asking @speedking for tips because he has more experience with the car and might have found nice things to adjust that everyone would appreciate knowing first hand.

I don't know who sh!t in your Weetbix but I hope your day gets better, friend <3 :eek::rolleyes::p

I have scrolled through all of the menus and had a play around with what I was comfortable with adjusting, adjusting the sensitivity of the AEB was not one of them! I'm asking @speedking for tips because he has more experience with the car and might have found nice things to adjust that everyone would appreciate knowing first hand.

I don't know who sh!t in your Weetbix but I hope your day gets better, friend <3 :eek::rolleyes::p
Hey @simmo777
This list posted by @jeroenvde
https://n-cars.net/forums/threads/fuel-economy-auto-reset-not-working.2409/post-36734

Hope it helps. Maybe some slight differences as he has a Euro spec car.

Reactions: simmo777

Nah don't worry, I'm all good, that's hardly enough to make my day bad, I am just amazed how some people work. So you knew the AEB sensitivity setting was there and still complained that it's too sensitive? :D that's mind boggling to me, that's all, no offence intended, keep your socks on ;)

Nah don't worry, I'm all good, that's hardly enough to make my day bad, I am just amazed how some people work. So you knew the AEB sensitivity setting was there and still complained that it's too sensitive? :D that's mind boggling to me, that's all, no offence intended, keep your socks on ;)
I am known by my mates as a manual reader. Any manual. Stereo, computer, TV or car / bike manual.
I like to know how stuff works. I have found very few intuitive machines / devices in my life.
Most of my mates don't read the manuals of anything and when they get stuck they call me. :eek:

I am known by my mates as a manual reader. Any manual. Stereo, computer, TV or car / bike manual.
I like to know how stuff works. I have found very few intuitive machines / devices in my life.
Most of my mates don't read the manuals of anything and when they get stuck they call me. :eek:
Yeah nah, "ya gotta read the destructions", like my Mrs always says.