• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Got crashed into 😡🤬

N. Brook

Nthusiast
Aug 6, 2020
North Yorkshire
So pulled over at the side of the road. Sat stationary when a car came up, clearly couldn't see as the driver was playing about with their sun visor and went straight into me. Luckily only light damage, but still massively miffed!!! Cracked bumper in two places. Front grill damaged, front lower fog surround damaged, splitter damaged, wing has pushed out as gap is different as otherside. Just what I need before Xmas.
But all parties uninjured which I suppose is the main thing.
I've just bought and received £150 worth of detailing gear aswell 🙆‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Attachments

• IMG-20201207-WA0016.jpg
    IMG-20201207-WA0016.jpg
    209.7 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-20201207-WA0009.jpg
    IMG-20201207-WA0009.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 167
  • IMG-20201207-WA0015.jpg
    IMG-20201207-WA0015.jpg
    105.6 KB · Views: 163
  • IMG-20201207-WA0017.jpg
    IMG-20201207-WA0017.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 154
I really feel for you. Hope it gets sorted soon, at least it's still driveable. I take it the other party is insured? Don't take any bollocks from his or your insurers, you can specify where you want it repaired, not them.
Thank you. Yes other party is insured but lied to their insurance saying that we revered into them. That however got cleared up when I provided dash cam footage to the insurers 🤦‍♂️🙆‍♂️. Bodyshop have pre ordered the parts they think they need from the pictures I have provided and car gets picked up tomorrow with a car dropped off during the repairs. And I've been told it will be back before the Xmas holidays so fingers crossed.

Here is mine car from yesterday shopping.......
11.jpg
Rear doors need full painting and some straightening....
It was my fault when parking too close to a small pole with a can for used plastic gloves after shopping.

Here is mine car from yesterday shopping.......
View attachment 15892
Rear doors need full painting and some straightening....
It was my fault when parking too close to a small pole with a can for used plastic gloves after shopping.
Bastards, I hate people who damage your car and bugger off afterwards. Too many selfish people in the world now with no respect for anything.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
I've suffered the same fate, amazon delivery van mounted a kerb and drove into the front of my N. He travelled a good 4 feet up over the kerb before colliding with my car. I was in the house and heard a bang so instantly looked out and seen him reversing back into the street. Picture of his plate taken and reported it, sent dash cam footage over and waiting on a reply from amazon.

Seems to have cracked the bumper just above the DRL light section and bruised the plastic there, the DRL section has been pushed backwards and is loose and the bottom left hand Airdam has got some scuffing to it.

Hopefully will hear something back soon, need to go to an approved body repair centre tomorrow or Tuesday to get a quote and then I'll need to let Amazon know the bill and what route they want to go down to pay for it.

I've suffered the same fate, amazon delivery van mounted a kerb and drove into the front of my N. He travelled a good 4 feet up over the kerb before colliding with my car. I was in the house and heard a bang so instantly looked out and seen him reversing back into the street. Picture of his plate taken and reported it, sent dash cam footage over and waiting on a reply from amazon.

Seems to have cracked the bumper just above the DRL light section and bruised the plastic there, the DRL section has been pushed backwards and is loose and the bottom left hand Airdam has got some scuffing to it.

Hopefully will hear something back soon, need to go to an approved body repair centre tomorrow or Tuesday to get a quote and then I'll need to let Amazon know the bill and what route they want to go down to pay for it.

What a absolute nightmare. And for the driver to think it was OK just to drive off. Good job you have a got a picture of the plate. Hope it gets sorted ASAP for you.

Reactions: MrLaney
So pulled over at the side of the road. Sat stationary when a car came up, clearly couldn't see as the driver was playing about with their sun visor and went straight into me. Luckily only light damage, but still massively miffed!!! Cracked bumper in two places. Front grill damaged, front lower fog surround damaged, splitter damaged, wing has pushed out as gap is different as otherside. Just what I need before Xmas. But all parties uninjured which I suppose is the main thing.
I've just bought and received £150 worth of detailing gear as well 🙆‍♂️🤦‍♂️
I'm still trying to wrap my head around this accident. Let me see if I got this correct; You got hit in the rear end of the car and have front end damage. How did this happen? Did they hit you backing up? Did they hit you in the rear end and force you into another car or obstacle?. Did they cross over into your lane and hit you?

Just attempting to understand.🤔

I'm still trying to wrap my head around this accident. Let me see if I got this correct; You got hit in the rear end of the car and have front end damage. How did this happen? Did they hit you backing up? Did they hit you in the rear end and force you into another car or obstacle?. Did they cross over into your lane and hit you?

Just attempting to understand.🤔
It was ahead on collision, ( with us stationary) both cars damaged front end. But the other driver lied to their insurance company and said that we had reversed into them.. God knows how they'd expect anyone to believe that.

Looks brilliant N. Brook!. Glad to see it all fixed and looking great.

Update on mine - Had an estimate done for the damage, for a new bumper, plastic trims, paint etc going to be around £2k. Been passed onto amazons claim team now, Still no word from them whether they want to go through insurance or not, I expect it will end up being an insurance job though. Frustrating it's happened this side of Xmas with most places shutting but it is what it is. It'll get sorted eventually and luckily the damage isn't too noticeable and the car's still driveable.

• Wow
Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Looks brilliant N. Brook!. Glad to see it all fixed and looking great.

Update on mine - Had an estimate done for the damage, for a new bumper, plastic trims, paint etc going to be around £2k. Been passed onto amazons claim team now, Still no word from them whether they want to go through insurance or not, I expect it will end up being an insurance job though. Frustrating it's happened this side of Xmas with most places shutting but it is what it is. It'll get sorted eventually and luckily the damage isn't too noticeable and the car's still driveable.
Thanks.

Well atleast you are in the swing of things to getting it sorted. Hope they give you a answer sooner rather than later and can get it back to it's former self. Like you say at least its drivable and usable for the time being, but will be annoying everytime you see it.

Fingers crossed for a quick turn around. 🤞👍

Reactions: MrLaney
I hope everyone had a pleasant Xmas & NY. News on my car, Amazon have finally come back to me saying it'll be an insurance job, as expected. Car's going in this Monday coming for the following;
  • New front bumper sprayed Mircon Grey
  • New DRL and plastic section its mounted onto
  • New red strip at bottom of bumper
  • New side airscoop thing just above the red strip (next to the DRL area)
  • 2 x new bumper brackets
  • + Anything else the repair company may find
Insurance have been great so far, NCD unaffected as it's protected and I won't have to pay my extortionate excess costs.
Picking up a hire car the same day I drop the N off, Let's hope for something decent!.