• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
This is my successfull installation:

View attachment 12050
Thanks Buddy.
You know what? I definitely tried the PASS fuse yesterday because I had read somewhere on here that the seats were permanent live but the PASS didn't work for me. However, I didn't try the DRV because I presumed that wouldn't work either.
Also, though, I'm thinking that yesterday, I may not have located the fuse correctly in the slot. I think it is possible to push the piggyback holder above or below the actual fuse slot and not be aware of it. Does anyone think this is a possibility?
Anyway, just got back from connecting up to the DRV and all seems fine. The camera is now on permanent.
I have a NextBase 522GW with hardwire kit which I understand will function in "Parking Mode" until the car battery drops to a certain charge level and then the block thingy on the hardwire harness will cut the power to the device to save the car battery. Is this correct?

Reactions: loafer-N77
Also, though, I'm thinking that yesterday, I may not have located the fuse correctly in the slot. I think it is possible to push the piggyback holder above or below the actual fuse slot and not be aware of it. Does anyone think this is a possibility?

Yeah that can be done, also they really need fully pushing in when properly located as well.
They also need to be the 'correct' way around in some locations i.e the tail (cable) on either the left of the right side.

Glad you're all up and running now.

Hey guys,

Did you find a camera that is dedicated to our cars? I mean to be mounted within the plastic cover of the mirror.

I don't like the idea of something in my field of view.

Thanks!

The main probleme is, every where under that cover where no sensor, or camera is, there is that black paint, so there is nowhere to mount a camera to, nowhere useful, and then i would bet is generally no enough room under the cover.

greetings from germany, stay healthy everybody

Reactions: GazmaN
Hey guys,

Did you find a camera that is dedicated to our cars? I mean to be mounted within the plastic cover of the mirror.

I don't like the idea of something in my field of view.

Thanks!

I mounted the dashcam in the „blindspot“ of the mirror when you seating in the drivers seat.

How NOT To: Drive in Australia.

A warning for anyone thinking of holidaying here. We can't drive. And they whinge about the low speed limits in this country. We're a foul-mouthed bunch of #$@*s too :D .

5:11, I laughed so bad :D

still not as bad as in mother Russia. our drivers are on a whole different level

Do you guys have some pictures with them mounted? :)

There are a couple in this very thread?
Mount it in front of the rear view mirror to the passnger side of the car.
Sit in your drivers seat and just play with the postion of the camera so you can't see it from the drivers seat.

I have Blackvue cam (tube shaped cams are far easier to keep out of your view) and its in the same postion as @Mightymoo's, albeit on opposite sides as I'm RHD :). I can't see it without stooping my head down and moving slightly across.

Reactions: Mightymoo
I managed to install my rear camera today.

Starting with disconnecting the battery (just in case)
and feeding the wire behind the passenger airbag in the A-pillar.IMG_20200613_143734.jpg

Then feeding the wire to the bottom of the doorsill, and fishing it true the plastic cover of the B-pillar.

I was planning to use an electrical wire as guide, but i had better luck just pushing the dashcam-wire by itself,
(with allot of patients and the help of some tweezers)
IMG_20200613_144142.jpgIMG_20200613_145257.jpg

The last step was probably easier then I expected.

Feeding the wire back up again, where the window and roof liner meet, you can just pry a gap with your fingers and push the cable in.IMG_20200613_154136.jpg

When your this far, you just loosen the bootsill,
remove the plastic cover off the boot which comes off very easy,
and loosen the rubber cable guide.

Than feed the cable true, and your all done.

IMG_20200613_154721.jpgIMG_20200613_160448.jpg

The only part where I screwed up is by loosening the plastic cover of the bottom of the front door.

I don't know why but it just wouldn't click back into place, not even after applying some force,
which was the case with the plastic airbag cover of the side airbag.
So now there is a little gap between the 2 plastics.

The step is not needed, I did it when i was looking for some way to route the cable.

All other plastic and fabric covers snap back into place, except this one, so if anyone has a solution.
It would be much appreciated.

IMG_20200613_162609.jpg

I own a Viofo A129 duo, and my cable was long enough.
But be sure to check your length when starting.
Sadly Mightymoo wasn't so fortunate.

Just a quick question, on the piggyback I take it you put the 10amp fuse in it that was in where you put the piggy back and what size other fuse ?

Just a quick question, on the piggyback I take it you put the 10amp fuse in it that was in where you put the piggy back and what size other fuse ?

3 amp. 5amp would be be ok if you don't have any 3A.

Put them in like shown earlier in this thread.

Reactions: Muddy and Bu11eT