• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Owners: What's your main gripe?

Anyone else's auto dipping mirrors only work sometimes? when i first got the car they weren't dipping when i'd engage reverse/back to first, then all of the sudden they started working. just yesterday they stopped again?? i haven't changed settings but it's really annoying me to why they stopped suddenly
The switch for changing your mirrors (on the armrest on the door) needs to be in the left or right position. When it's in the middle the mirrors don't tilt down.

The switch for changing your mirrors (on the armrest on the door) needs to be in the left or right position. When it's in the middle the mirrors don't tilt down.

ill give that a shot and see how it goes, i reckon my mirror dial has always been in the centre? anyway, ill let you know if it works!

Edit: my bad...I thought you meant the auto folding mirror switch, but yeah I changed the left/right to left and now the mirrors dip. All good!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Davo01
Anyone else's auto dipping mirrors only work sometimes? when i first got the car they weren't dipping when i'd engage reverse/back to first, then all of the sudden they started working. just yesterday they stopped again?? i haven't changed settings but it's really annoying me to why they stopped suddenly
They only dip when the mirror adjust toggle switch is in the left or right position.

this may be rather nit picky but one thing that irritates me which i havent gotten used to yet it the stop/start push engine button. it's on the 'wrong' side and in such a weird spot??? in Aus every other car i've ever driven has the key or button on the right but on the i30n it's on the left and also awkwardly placed
This also gets me every single time. I hope I get used to it one day 😂

Reactions: BoyRacerN
When cleaning the inside of the doors last week I must of accidently moved that switch on the top of the door the one with L and R on it have you done that?

When cleaning the inside of the doors last week I must of accidently moved that switch on the top of the door the one with L and R on it have you done that?
Are you asking what are the consequences of moving the switch or simply if anyone has ever done it while cleaning?

Reactions: pillred
You have to have the mirror switch either to the left or right for them to work ,if you have the mirror adjustment switch in the middle it disengages the reverse tilting function

You have to have the mirror switch either to the left or right for them to work ,if you have the mirror adjustment switch in the middle it disengages the reverse tilting function
yeah i had that switch to middle position, changed it now. i thought you had to change the auto folding switch to middle but i was wrong

You mean Columbo, that crime drama tv-series thing ? Then no. :D
But still, i don't follow. :D
You are obviously too young to remember that when the murderer was being interviewed by Colombo and thought he had got away with it just as Colombo was leaving the room he would turn to the perpetrator and say just ONE MORE THING. Now do you get it?

You are obviously too young to remember that when the murderer was being interviewed by Colombo and thought he had got away with it just as Colombo was leaving the room he would turn to the perpetrator and say just ONE MORE THING. Now do you get it?

Now i do! :D And btw, im turning 40. FYI. :D

Reactions: pillred
2 months of ownership so far. Only real gripe I notice is how it stutters/judders when cold for the first mile or so. Little bit annoying.

Idle seems to be a bit rough sometimes to. Drops low sometimes and you can feel the car vibrating at that RPM. Normal behaviour for our car or something wrong?

2 months of ownership so far. Only real gripe I notice is how it stutters/judders when cold for the first mile or so. Little bit annoying.

Idle seems to be a bit rough sometimes to. Drops low sometimes and you can feel the car vibrating at that RPM. Normal behaviour for our car or something wrong?
Well mine doesn't do that and I have had it practically from new so maybe. I wouldn't think it was normal how low do the revs go mine start off at 1300rpm when cold then quickly drop to 750 but no lower.

I've had mine from new (bought in November 2019). It's never stuttered or juddered from cold and the idle is always smooth.

Reactions: BoyRacerN

Do you keep it in normal mode when cold? I’ve noticed mine judders a little if I switch it to custom too early, but in normal mode it’s fine when it’s cold..

Do you keep it in normal mode when cold? I’ve noticed mine judders a little if I switch it to custom too early, but in normal mode it’s fine when it’s cold..

I leave it in normal.

I will let the dealer know about this ,,problem'' when it goes in for first service. :)

Reactions: N-Raged