• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Tuning JB4 Installation

I thought the bov and selonoid were separate units? And thought only the bov itself would void the warranty? Thanks for the help locating it😀
I think i misunderstood something. When you said you though swapping the valve didnt void warranty,
I was under the impression if I just swap the selonoid and the valve then the warranty isn't void
i asumed you meant blow off valve witch does void warranty. I dont believe the solenoids do, but the blow off valve itself does.

Reactions: raydogg123189
I think i misunderstood something. When you said you though swapping the valve didnt void warranty,

i asumed you meant blow off valve witch does void warranty. I dont believe the solenoids do, but the blow off valve itself does.
I think i mean the bov and wg solenoids when I posted that

Sorry for the confusion

Reactions: Mikemr305
I'm not really intending to track the car or do more than drive the car a lil harder than originally intended occasionally so i don't really plan on doing more than the selonoids atleast while under the warranty, maybe some exhaust work as well and thats the end of the mods lol..its my daily so I'm not going full race car on it

I'm not really intending to track the car or do more than drive the car a lil harder than originally intended occasionally so i don't really plan on doing more than the selonoids atleast while under the warranty, maybe some exhaust work as well and thats the end of the mods lol..its my daily so I'm not going full race car on it
I enjoy doing electronics upgrades as well. I did alot on the 16 gt I traded in for this..but this car is fully loaded with even the high end audio so I don't really have much to do the interior so I'm doing these minor perf mods instead lol

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about the mounting or something else? Also are we talking about the Mac BOV or the BTR wastegate solenoid, which you purchased?

I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Are you talking about the mounting or something else? Also are we talking about the Mac BOV or the BTR wastegate solenoid, which you purchased?
I purchased both. The wg solenoid has tubing included but the bov solenoid i don't think does,it has the 3 barbs installed and the electrical connector

I was referring to the vacuum tube fittings on the selonoid

No they are not if I understand you correctly. That's all that is provided. The Mac BOV will need to be mounted as I provided you or wire tied into place. Best mount is the Raceart mount and you'll utilize the OEM tubing , unless of course you want to change it.

Te BTR will mount into the OEM location from which the OEM waste gate solenoid was removed.

If you purchase the Race Art mount it will be mounted back into the original location as well. :)

Reactions: raydogg123189
No they are not if I understand you correctly. That's all that is provided. The Mac BOV will need to be mounted as I provided you or wire tied into place. Best mount is the Raceart mount and you'll utilize the OEM tubing , unless of course you want to change it.
Ok thanks il probably temporarily mount with the zip tie method and then order the raceart mount after I get it initially installed and tested

Reactions: R Veloster N
Hey guys I got the wg selonoid installed today after some modification I got the oem rubber mount to fit and am able to use the oem bracket and i replaced all the hoses and clamps with the supplied ones. I made up my own harness from the oem 1 and the supplied 1 because the connector didn't seat properly. I left the oem selonoid connector included incase I ever revert it to stock

I included photos of the harness in the folder I posted in my last post

After a few test runs I hit 28psi so I threw jb4 overboost protection back on and itl hit roughly 24 on a hard pull now

Il post another update after I do the bov selonoid

Hey guys I got the wg selonoid installed today after some modification I got the oem rubber mount to fit and am able to use the oem bracket and i replaced all the hoses and clamps with the supplied ones. I made up my own harness from the oem 1 and the supplied 1 because the connector didn't seat properly. I left the oem selonoid connector included incase I ever revert it to stock

I included photos of the harness in the folder I posted in my last post

After a few test runs I hit 28psi so I threw jb4 overboost protection back on and itl hit roughly 24 on a hard pull now

Il post another update after I do the bov selonoid

The Veloster N uses a electronic wastegate with no solenoid, so I am not sure what solenoid you replaced.

He came for information and is getting information. Talk to the mods not me
I'm glad he is getting help, that's what we are all here for. I just came to see what was new with the JB4 since I have one and am still trying to learn about it.
Doesn't bother me, I was just trying to be funny.

In all seriousness, @raydogg123189, you should probably start your own thread at this point. The information has gone a bit off track and your build is coming along nice enough for its own place