• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Shift lights not working

s.arhangelov

Nthusiast
Aug 26, 2019
Sofia, Bulgaria
So I recently noticed that the shift lights in the gauge cluster have stopped working. I remember they were fine when the car was at about 2k km. It's at 11k km now. I guess they stopped working at some point without me noticing.
I tried in both N and N Custom modes. Revved up to redline. Nothing.
Has anyone had this issue? I don't want to go straight to the dealer because they will probably remove the dash to check the cables. Which could cause it to rattle. Any chance it could be a dead fuse?

If you dig in the gauge cluster settings i believe you can change the shift lights to be on all the time on all modes. I dont remember if it was in the cluster settings or the infotainment settings though. Give that a try first if you haven't already

If you dig in the gauge cluster settings i believe you can change the shift lights to be on all the time on all modes. I dont remember if it was in the cluster settings or the infotainment settings though. Give that a try first if you haven't already
I think we're talking about different shift lights :D
I mean these ones. There are no settings for them as far as I know.

Inkedhyundai-i30-n_LI.jpg

In the i30N there's settings under drive mode, something along the lines of "shift recommendation" - it enables/disables these shiftlights in different modes (for example Eco-mode).

Reactions: Bu11eT
In the i30N there's settings under drive mode, something along the lines of "shift recommendation" - it enables/disables these shiftlights in different modes (for example Eco-mode).
Isn't that for the little arrow that shows up on the screen where it says which gear you are in? That recommends when you should shift to be more economical.
Or does it also control the shift lights that warn you when are about to hit redline?

I think we're talking about different shift lights :D
I mean these ones. There are no settings for them as far as I know.

View attachment 13235
Nope, the guys are telling you correctly. There is a setting for them. You'll find it in the user screen between the gauge cluster. Use the menu button on the right hand of the steering wheel. :) Looks like a couple of pages o the button.