• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Android Auto not answering

starvin

Nthusiast
Mar 9, 2020
Bristol
Hi,

It may just be me but my phone will not answer an incoming call using the steering wheel buttons when the phone is connected using Android Auto (USB). The music/radio will stop and the phone will ring through the speakers but it will not display who is calling nor let me answer it. To answer the call I have to exit out of Android Auto and then the caller id is displayed and the buttons on the wheel work. Is this a well known problem or is it meant to be like this?

Reactions: Mikemr305
Happens to me too sometimes. I noticed the cable degrades when left in the car and it usually solves the problem using a fresh new cable. Or restarting the phone/android auto app. Its been very buggy since it released, it kind of gets annoying every update its something else lol

Happens to me too sometimes. I noticed the cable degrades when left in the car and it usually solves the problem using a fresh new cable. Or restarting the phone/android auto app. Its been very buggy since it released, it kind of gets annoying every update its something else lol

I have a new cable and have never been able to answer calls with Android Auto running. Might give it a reinstall and see if that fixes it.

Reactions: Mikemr305
Works fine on mine, did it ever work on yours? Have you set android auto to start when connected to the car and to lock the screen at the same time ? I found when I first used AA that you had to allow access from the car to the phone for audio, contacts etc. If you didn't do this you could never get it to work correctly.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO