• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

New Shift knob installed

Its ridiculous no company has bothered to make an adapter for the N cars. I can only assume the first company to do so will be pelted with cash from all over the world as i think we've made it clear theres a significant demand for one. I might shoot the Anarchy Motive guy an email to express my interest in the adapter.
That would be good. I told him I would spread the word and he would be hearing from others who would want it. Last time I asked him no one had reached out.

Reactions: Mikemr305
I just reached out to Raceseng to ask about a gen 2 Veloster adaptor.

They said no. =[

The combination of a non threaded adapter and the sliding lockout ring was a non-starter for them. This seems silly because they make their own lockout rings, they could simply make an oversized one. But that might not work with their current collection of knobs... OK, I guess I'm starting to see the problem.

They said no. =[
giphy.gif

^ Me right now.

so i said screw it and bought the 12mm euro adapter from likewise and their ridiculous extender just for the bonus cool points lol, but i dont actually like any of their knobs except for the thicc boi in unicorn vomit which was discontinued. so i shot an email at the anarchy guy and hes making me a custom galaxy teardrop knob in the weird m20x1.5mm thread with the N logo engraved. my dream knob was always a galaxy teardrop so im beyond hyped for this now :D

so i said screw it and bought the 12mm euro adapter from likewise and their ridiculous extender just for the bonus cool points lol, but i dont actually like any of their knobs except for the thicc boi in unicorn vomit which was discontinued. so i shot an email at the anarchy guy and hes making me a custom galaxy teardrop knob in the weird m20x1.5mm thread with the N logo engraved. my dream knob was always a galaxy teardrop so im beyond hyped for this now :D
Just be prepared to be be patient. I ordered mine in February and still don't have it. He tells me I should see it by the end of this month.

Just be prepared to be be patient. I ordered mine in February and still don't have it. He tells me I should see it by the end of this month.
yea ive heard hes reaaaaaaal slow but the product is quality. mine might be even slower because the galaxy coating is outsourced lol 🤦‍♂️ its ok ill just use the bare extension to shift for now 😂

• Haha
Reactions: Ando-N
yea ive heard hes reaaaaaaal slow but the product is quality. mine might be even slower because the galaxy coating is outsourced lol 🤦‍♂️ its ok ill just use the bare extension to shift for now 😂

To be fair I think it's a one-man shop and he's pretty well known these days. Really cool to see that hes willing to go full custom down to logo engraving.

I turned my own shift knob from delrin while I was waiting for my Raceseng knob in my Golf. It was pretty janky... I highly recommend it. =P

the reviews are a bit sketchy so i dont recommend anyone purchase until mine arrives. Or until i call my bank for a refund, based on the reviews ive read 😂

benefit of the doubt, it seems he was back ordered for years, but has delivered on most of the big complaints ive seen this month so this pandemic might have given him the chance to full time his knob making so if we're lucky we should receive them in at least 3 months 😂 worst case scenario, we just hoped on a "non refundable" minimum 1 year backorder

Last edited:
I don't recommend Derrick/Anarchy Motive knobs. He used to do a lot of work for OC Subaru group and Subaru in general. I remember friends ordering from AM and I went WC Lathe Werks and got mine within a week or 2 while they were waiting and some canceled their orders.

I remember some people had issue with the quality of powder coat coming off or fading etc. Don't know if it was just a bad batch. Forgot to mention there were a lot of complaints and delays etc

I don't recommend Derrick/Anarchy Motive knobs. He used to do a lot of work for OC Subaru group and Subaru in general. I remember friends ordering from AM and I went WC Lathe Werks and got mine within a week or 2 while they were waiting and some canceled their orders.

I remember some people had issue with the quality of powder coat coming off or fading etc. Don't know if it was just a bad batch. Forgot to mention there were a lot of complaints and delays etc
Even though i bought from him i wouldn't recommend him, im just crossing my fingers i get mine. My first choice was billetworkz but they straight up said no to the m20x1.5 thread lol

i dont want to jump on the bandwagon on this guy, but i would like any potential buyers to be aware; there is from what ive read a chance that you will be waiting upwards of 18 months for a knob from him. i highly anyone will get a knob earlier than 3 months, id say 6 months seems to be the average. from what ive read, this is an extreme case of cheep quality, vs availability. the price and craftsmanship are A1, but wait times are severe. i will be sharing my experience as i go along with it on my thread from now on.

I loved the look of this knob. Unfortunately after several conversations with Likewise they confirmed there is no adapter that will work correctly with our car. They also had no interest in machining their shift knob a little differently to make it work properly.
So I made an adapter that will clear the reverse ring. I have also ordered a custom knob from Anarchy Motive that will work with my adapter to screw all the way down to the height of the original shift knob. I don't want to make the shift knob/arm/throw any longer.
I am supposed to receive my custom knob before the end of the month. Once I do and complete the install then you may be able to purchase the adapter and knob from Anarchy Motive. My knob will have the shift pattern on the top and the N logo on the back side.
Looks like you should receive your knob soon !