• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Suspension and Chassis TURBO TECH RACING/Upper (AVAILABLE) & Lower Motor Mounts for Veloster N and i30N!!

Arrrrgggg, This weather is killing me. :mad:

Everytime, I go to finish the assembly starts to snow! Wife and I got it disassembled last night and now we got snow for the next 24 hours.

That's life!!:)

I'm having weather problems for sure. Today, is the first day we've had any decent weather. I'm going to attempt to finish it tomorrow.

With my injury, the death of my little sister and her husbands health problems, it's been an issue to get anything done. He's too sick to do anything and I'm not sure if he's going to recover quickly.

So, we're taking care of a lot of the post issues for him, along with our everyday requirements. We'll get thru it and move forward, sometimes it's just seems like a foot at a time.:(

I apologize for the delay but family comes first and everything else second.:(

Reactions: GazmaN
Thanks!! You don't realize how busy life can be sometimes, when you've got two families to take care of instead of one. I'll get it done shortly and my apologizes to everyone.

Almost done!

Between the phone calls from the immediate family, consoling and just listening, getting a Power of Attorney (no will of course), paying bills and making sure nursing care is doing their job. I'm near done. Whew!

Might just give it a rest for this evening, fix dinner and relax for little awhile. Just need to tidy up, double check torque setting, the assembly and button it back up.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dan_bush27
Awesome. Can't wait to see the finished product and hear your thoughts on percieved improvements. Would be great if it drastically reduces or close to eliminates wheel hop.

Oh it will, especially combined with their lower mount.

I've already got the SXTH Lower Motor Mount. So, I going to be able to make a direct comparison between the two with the TT upper mount. Once I'm done with the comparison, I'll install the SXTH mount and put it on the wife's Soul

The Turbo Tech Mount utilizes a unique square bushing design, instead of a round unit,utilized on other lower mounts. The use of both mounts in effect, will isolate and prevent forward and rearward engine movement under; hole shots, hard acceleration and deceleration. I believe the combination will effectively eliminate wheel hop, while still retaining a close to OEM ride without the additional vibration.:)
final_1434_detail.jpg

Turbo Tech has been really patient with our current state of affairs. I'm most grateful and appreciative, during a very trying period of both my sisters family and ours. It's hard to pack in the workings and affairs of two families.

We still have our son living with us, who was badly burned in a house fire last year, with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. He lost everything except his car and then some. We're also still hospicing caring our eldest Cocker Spaniel (14 years) who has terminal liver cancer. She's doing great but still requires daily attention. It's a surprise and blessing as well. Keeping in mind, my wife is still working everyday. So, most of it's left up to me during the day. Not that I'm complaining in the least bit, it's just been very busy nearly everyday.:)

I thought retirement was going to be a pleasant, quite, repose, surprise!:eek::D I realize it will slow down eventually but right now, but it's hard to pack in much more. I wasn't this busy when I was professionally Bass Fishing and traveling. Whew!!

Coming here and being able to pass some time and catch my breath, has been an everyday blessing. To share and let off steam, while enjoying myself a bit. Before all this it was; cycling 2 hours a day, posting here, tending house, our dogs and working on the car. Just had to put the bicycle away until things begin to slow down.

When all this began, it's been take care of everyone else's physical, mental needs and wellbeing. I believe her family has begun to understand. Their starting to help more and more each day. This is a good thing for both my wife and I, along with our other personal responsibilities.:)

Last edited:
Oh it will, especially combined with their lower mount.

I've already got the SXTH Lower Motor Mount. So, I going to be able to make a direct comparison between the two with the TT upper mount. Once I'm done with the comparison, I'll install the SXTH mount and put it on the wife's Soul

The Turbo Tech Mount utilizes a unique square bushing design, instead of a round unit,utilized on other lower mounts. The use of both mounts in effect, will isolate and prevent forward and rearward engine movement under; hole shots, hard acceleration and deceleration. I believe the combination will effectively eliminate wheel hop, while still retaining a close to OEM ride without the additional vibration.:)
final_1434_detail.jpg

Turbo Tech has been really patient with our current state of affairs. I'm most grateful and appreciative, during a very trying period of both my sisters family and ours. It's hard to pack in the workings and affairs of two families.

We still have our son living with us, who was badly burned in a house fire last year, with 2nd and 3rd degree burns. He lost everything except his car and then some. We're also still hospicing caring our eldest Cocker Spaniel (14 years) who has terminal liver cancer. She's doing great but still requires daily attention. It's a surprise and blessing as well. Keeping in mind, my wife is still working everyday. So, most of it's left up to me during the day. Not that I'm complaining in the least bit, it's just been very busy nearly everyday.:)

I thought retirement was going to be a pleasant, quite, repose, surprise!:eek::D I realize it will slow down eventually but right now, it's hard to pack in much more. I wasn't this busy when I was professionally Bass Fishing and traveling. Whew!!

Coming here and being able to pass some time and catch my breath, has been an everyday blessing. To share and let off steam, while enjoying myself a bit. Before all this it was; cycling 2 hours a day, posting here, tending house, our dogs and working on the car. Just had to put the bicycle away until things begin to slow down.

When all this began, it's been take care of everyone else's physical and mental needs and wellbeing. I think her family has started to understand, their starting to help more and more each day. This is a good thing for both my wife and I along with our other personal responsibilities.:)
I hope and trust y'all will conquer this. Drew a little inspiration fom my lovely patio view this evening. Seems like you're a little like this little fella right now, holding on for dear life.
rsz_20200305_234122.jpg

When the dust settles you need to be all like one of our resident Green Tree Frogs (this is Roger) - chill, have some "you" time and just show the world your arse.

rsz_1rsz_20200305_221053.jpg

Thanks for this @GazmaN, most grateful and appreciative of the photos and sentiment. Oh I do take time but it's fleeting, but so wonderful when I can. I appreciate how a good woman can take away the busy days and transforms them into a cloud of joy.:) Forty five (45) years we've been together in mind, soul and spirit.

Most certainly, all this will fade into the eternal heavens and become nothing but a vapor of a memory. It's an experience of life and giving.

Last edited:
Hope all is well. I just ordered the lower engine mount. I recently read that replacing both the upper and lower mounts increase the NVH to pretty extreme levels. Since I don't really plan to track the car and really just want some better stability on harder launches, I just went with the lower. Does the square bushing design reduce engine flex but also keep the NVH lower than a round design? If that's the case, it may not be an awful idea to do both mounts.

Was the discussion regarding the VN? Well, since there is no other upper mount available except the Turbo Tech upper right motor mount for the VN, I'd be very skeptical of the comments.

Was it done to a VN or some other car? Post a link, I'd like to read it.

There is some increase in vibration with any lower mount. It depends more on the bushing hardness that's utilized. I'm not going to tell you there's no difference from the OEM to an aftermarket unit. You need to first decide what your attempting to accomplish. There is always give and take with such applications.
Does the square bushing design reduce engine flex but also keep the NVH lower than a round design?
Yes, as it evenly distributes the force equally in both directions forward/back, instead of also allowing excessive up/down movement. A round bushing permits more movement, in all directions.

You're going to get some increased vibration from any upgraded lower and upper mount. They're inherently stiffer than the OEM units. However, what you receive in return, is more than worth the installation.

The OEM bushing are meant to provide comfort and minimal vibration. Softer engine mounts allow the absorption of the vibration but increases movement both back/forth and up/down movement as well. This movement under hard acceleration transfers to the suspension and translates to more wheel hop, as the tires attempt to maintain traction. Otherwise the tyres don't remain planted to the ground as they need to. The whole wheel and tire combination shake violently in all directions, not just up and down.

Last edited:
Reactions: newbtostandard
I agree with Red. Any discussion about what the addition of the upper mount will do to NVH would be strictly conjecture at this point, as TT is the only one who has produced a test version (specifically designed for the N), and it isn't yet available to the public. Speaking of conjecture, I would imagine that replacing ONLY the bottom would actually create more NVH than doing both, due to the transfer of movement to the top of the engine and into the cabin. Doing only the bottom on its own will definitely help reduce wheel hop, but doing both should accomplish the same task, while also reducing the lateral movement transfer to the cabin.

I agree with Red. Any discussion about what the addition of the upper mount will do to NVH would be strictly conjecture at this point, as TT is the only one who has produced a test version (specifically designed for the N), and it isn't yet available to the public. Speaking of conjecture, I would imagine that replacing ONLY the bottom would actually create more NVH than doing both, due to the transfer of movement to the top of the engine and into the cabin. Doing only the bottom on its own will definitely help reduce wheel hop, but doing both should accomplish the same task, while also reducing the lateral movement transfer to the cabin.
This^ is correct and astute as well. I'm not trying to sell you on the TurboTech upper mount but it's something to consider if you want to balance the vibration/engine torque movement, while virtually eliminating wheel hop!

Reactions: newbtostandard
Thank you both for the input on this! It looks like I will be looking to get the TT upper mount as well at some point here. I will give my review as well once I get just the lower on and once I swap the oem upper for the TT.

Reactions: R Veloster N