• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Interior LED's

StevieA27

Feb 25, 2020
Edinburgh
Hi Guys,

I am a new i30N Fastback in Engine Red owner and need some help.
I have bought the below bulbs to upgrade interior to LEDs & thought i'd done my homework but the more i read the more confused i become. Which ones are for the map/vanity lights & which are the dome? I have already blown 1 fuse!
Apologies if i'm being thick! Thanks

LUMENEX T10 W5W LED Bulbs CANBUS Error Free 9SMD 194 168 2825 Wedge Replacement Lamp for Car Interior Dome Map Door Side Marker Courtesy License Plate Lights (6000K White 4PCS)

SUMOZO Festoon C5W Led Bulbs 31mm Canbus Error Free 6000K White Light 6-SMD 5730 for Car Interior Dome License Plate Door Lights Pack of 4 (31mm)

Info from the N Bible:

Light Bulbs

Interior

Map: 2x W16W
Room (sunroof): 31mm* festoon (LED)
Vanity mirror: 2x 31mm* festoon
Glove box: 1x W5W
Luggage compartment: 31mm* festoon
*31mm may be a really snug fit and require some fiddling to get them in, but it'll be better than a loose 28mm.

Exterior

Rear indicators: 2x PY21W
Reverse: 2x W16W
Fog: 2x P21W
License plate: 2x W5W

Info from the N Bible:

Light Bulbs

Interior

Map: 2x W16W
Room (sunroof): 31mm* festoon (LED)
Vanity mirror: 2x 31mm* festoon
Glove box: 1x W5W
Luggage compartment: 31mm* festoon
*31mm may be a really snug fit and require some fiddling to get them in, but it'll be better than a loose 28mm.

Exterior

Rear indicators: 2x PY21W
Reverse: 2x W16W
Fog: 2x P21W
License plate: 2x W5W
So basically none of these fit the dome/map lights am i correct?

The latter one should fit (31mm festoon) but the ones for the front not, as the map lights require W16W bulbs.

It also makes a difference if you have the sunroof or not.

Reactions: jy109
The latter one should fit (31mm festoon) but the ones for the front not, as the map lights require W16W bulbs.

It also makes a difference if you have the sunroof or not.
i don't have a sunroof so can use the 31mm festoon in the 2 x dome lights and the light in the back? Guess the w5w can go in the glove box and the licence plate!

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
Hi Guys,

I am a new i30N Fastback in Engine Red owner and need some help.
I have bought the below bulbs to upgrade interior to LEDs & thought i'd done my homework but the more i read the more confused i become. Which ones are for the map/vanity lights & which are the dome? I have already blown 1 fuse!
Apologies if i'm being thick! Thanks

LUMENEX T10 W5W LED Bulbs CANBUS Error Free 9SMD 194 168 2825 Wedge Replacement Lamp for Car Interior Dome Map Door Side Marker Courtesy License Plate Lights (6000K White 4PCS)

SUMOZO Festoon C5W Led Bulbs 31mm Canbus Error Free 6000K White Light 6-SMD 5730 for Car Interior Dome License Plate Door Lights Pack of 4 (31mm)
Welcome to the forum chap. Please do take the time to intro yourself. Congrats on the purchase

Interested in why you are upgrading the internal lights? What improvements will it give you?

Cheers. Came from an Evoque & before that a Golf R & both had full white internal LED's. Just nicer imho.
Loving the car though.
Cool, thanks. Not sure pics will do it justice but would be interested to see what it's like when all is in place.

thanks for the details about the LED, I have a i30 PD with sunroof and the rear seat with this LED lamp (yellow), anyone who know to change to white?rear led.jpg