• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

i30 N Owners: What's your main gripe?

Every Golf R driver trying to race you. Seems to be that kids own Golf R's around me and they all want to race while I'm happy cruising to work. Go away children

My experience is the opposite. R's around here are usually driven by older looking businessmen who don't really even enjoy driving cars. If I'm at a set of lights and an R drives pasts they won't even go above 3k RPM. Just absolutely no interest from them :D

Main gripe so far, and it's only minor, is that there is only one USB point.

If I want to use Android Auto then I need to have the phone plugged in. This means I can't use the USB to play music from my thumb drive.
Could you use an adapter I have one on my laptop that lets me have two usbs connected, give that a try.

Main gripe so far, and it's only minor, is that there is only one USB point.

If I want to use Android Auto then I need to have the phone plugged in. This means I can't use the USB to play music from my thumb drive.

Is there an Android Auto compatible app that will read from your phone? Save you having to use a USB drive in the first place and can use Android auto at the same time.

I think wireless Android Auto is starting to roll out but, so far, only works on aftermarket head units and not in Australia yet, from what I've read.

I don't think a 'double adapter' or double power adapter would work as the single USB point would be trying to input data from two separate sources and there's no way to switch between the two.

As far as I can tell, the only way to have a separate a music source is via an MP3 player plugged into the 'Aux' point. But the music has to be controlled on the MP3 player, which could be difficult (and dangerous) while driving.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
I think wireless Android Auto is starting to roll out but, so far, only works on aftermarket head units and not in Australia yet, from what I've read.

I don't think a 'double adapter' or double power adapter would work as the single USB point would be trying to input data from two separate sources and there's no way to switch between the two.

As far as I can tell, the only way to have a separate a music source is via an MP3 player plugged into the 'Aux' point. But the music has to be controlled on the MP3 player, which could be difficult (and dangerous) while driving.
Sure my last car the focus ST had wireless android auto. Ran the the phone battery down rapidly though so you always had to plug it in anyway.
I'd like to see more USB and less 12v, although I don't feel a need to run android auto as the Hyubdai satnav is so good. If I did I'd be using spotify anyway so wouldn't need the USB port.
Or vice versa I'd charge my phone off the 12v and run the usb for music through the Hyinda audio.
Do agree though, there should be a second USB in the glovebox or central unit.

Sure my last car the focus ST had wireless android auto. Ran the the phone battery down rapidly though so you always had to plug it in anyway.
I'd like to see more USB and less 12v, although I don't feel a need to run android auto as the Hyubdai satnav is so good. If I did I'd be using spotify anyway so wouldn't need the USB port.
Or vice versa I'd charge my phone off the 12v and run the usb for music through the Hyinda audio.
Do agree though, there should be a second USB in the glovebox or central unit.
I used to find annoying that bit of cable just hanging around the phone from the air vent and its mandatory need to use it just to play spotify, but not anymore. Like the infamous start/stop button, everyday i plug the phone and here I go, no stress about it. Mimicking waze on the screen while charging is a plus plus plus for me and the phone itself.
But yeah, another usb port would be very welcomed, even on the glovebox

So you can't just copy the music files to your phone and find a local media player app to install on your Android phone to then read these files and play them through Android auto?

So you can't just copy the music files to your phone and find a local media player app to install on your Android phone to then read these files and play them through Android auto?
Yes, that is another alternative and I'll probably end up doing that. But I was being lazy and just wanted to use my existing USB drive which had everything on it!

And speaking of gripes, another one I have (very minor again and it's not really a gripe) is that the place where the registration plates fix onto the car are nowhere near the shape and size of my plates. I KNOW that plates are different all over the world but it's just a shame. :)

And speaking of gripes, another one I have (very minor again and it's not really a gripe) is that the place where the registration plates fix onto the car are nowhere near the shape and size of my plates. I KNOW that plates are different all over the world but it's just a shame. :)

I messaged N Performance Australia and asked what size the plate panel was front and rear before I went and got my plates, they sent me the plate dimensions for the fastback WTAC car lol:

WTAC FB Plate Dimensions: Front w 525mm x h 75mm Rear w 525mm x h 120m

In Australia the "euro extra long" plates fit these dimensions perfectly and looks like a lot of euro countries standard plates do the same.

I messaged N Performance Australia and asked what size the plate panel was front and rear before I went and got my plates, they sent me the plate dimensions for the fastback WTAC car lol:

In Australia the "euro extra long" plates fit these dimensions perfectly and looks like a lot of euro countries standard plates do the same.

I bought my first car in 1974 and I ordered personalised plates. Back then 'personalised' meant they were the old black and white plates with 2 letters (being one's initials) and 3 numbers. I've had the same plates on every car since and I still have them, so that's why they don't 'fit'.

But they look great, black and white on the Shadow Grey.

Reactions: Mightymoo
my second gear and fifth gear are hard to shift when cold, sometimes I have to shift neutral, clutch off-on before I can shift into second gear.

makes me a bit nervous when I go into a busy roundabout just outside my house since I suddenly slow down mid turn and the car behind me gets extremely close

my second gear and fifth gear are hard to shift when cold, sometimes I have to shift neutral, clutch off-on before I can shift into second gear.

makes me a bit nervous when I go into a busy roundabout just outside my house since I suddenly slow down mid turn and the car behind me gets extremely close
How many miles have you done?

That's definitely not normal despite all the stories you do get on here, mine is like butter in every gear and so should yours be, mine has done 2,500 miles but has been the same from the off probably something simple like the linkeage cables are a bit out of adjustment.

How many miles have you done?
About 3000km/1800miles

That's definitely not normal despite all the stories you do get on here, mine is like butter in every gear and so should yours be, mine has done 2,500 miles but has been the same from the off probably something simple like the linkeage cables are a bit out of adjustment.
Hmm I was thinking that I was not used to a stiffer gear stick, I should give them a call to ask about it

I've driven two different demos and now my own car and the gear changes on all 3 were a bit knotchey. Mine is starting to loosen up a bit now but it's certainly not a box that you can hurry. Obviously only my personal experiences here.

I've driven two different demos and now my own car and the gear changes on all 3 were a bit knotchey. Mine is starting to loosen up a bit now but it's certainly not a box that you can hurry. Obviously only my personal experiences here.
In my experience it just gets better with time. Over 12,000km now and it's smooth as silk. Others report the same after 2500km. Was tight at the start for sure.

Reactions: mikeo