• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Dirty N thread

There is a PB under there somewhere but it triggered me so much today that I had to clean it myself before it's maintenance wash visit to the valeters next week. I'm not sure how ceramic coating makes it easier to wash though with jet wash, snow foam, jet wash, 2 bucket wash, jet wash and wheel cleaning lol. I drew the line at drying and glass cleaning today I'm leaving that to the pro's next week :D
IMG_0006-web.jpgIMG_0008-web.jpg

Reactions: speedking
Haven't washed the N in a week. The stains around the rear fog lights I can't explain. I have been using them every day so maybe the heat they produce combined with the close to freezing temps have something to do with it?

P.S The Hyundai badge cover has held up nicely despite being soaked in washer fluid constantly.

7B4F157C-D084-4487-815B-DFDCB9A98923.jpeg

Reactions: RGP69 and GazmaN
Haven't washed the N in a week. The stains around the rear fog lights I can't explain. I have been using them every day so maybe the heat they produce combined with the close to freezing temps have something to do with it?

P.S The Hyundai badge cover has held up nicely despite being soaked in washer fluid constantly.

View attachment 10504
Those stains are right behind those little sticky-outy fin thingies (highly technical description, I know). Coincidence? Might create a vacuum that helps the dirt settle in that area? I dunno...

20191211_150849.jpg

Reactions: s.arhangelov
But was your paint compromised or was just washable dirt?
Another thing, were did you get that black N emblem? Looks sick on the red paint :)
It's condensation. The spots disappear after I turn off the fog lights.

Got the black N covers from the same guy that sells the black Hyundai badge covers. Out of stock usually. He sells both these and fully black N covers.

View attachment 10504

Is it just me or are your Hyundai and i30 lettering both wonky?

I know a good fix, remove them :D

Is it just me or are your Hyundai and i30 lettering both wonky?

I know a good fix, remove them :D
It is wonky. I've seen it like that on lots of N's. I will be removing them soon. I'm in the process of opening my own detailing studio and the N will be the first car in. The chrome letters will be removed, followed by a full polish and ceramic coating.

Reactions: iiNNEX and REM66

View attachment 10504
Wow, thought that was mine for a minute, it's winter here in Britain and Mine is filthy, but can I URGE everyone with a car like this to just clean the lights and the windows, keep everyone safe this Christmas x

Reactions: REM66
Not quite as dirty as the other Ns here, but 2 weeks ago after the first snow/salt was on the streets:
Fnte0ug.jpg

6d0U9r9.jpg

gtGFxpn.jpg

sE5Uadj.jpg

What 'having a bit of fun' can do to your freshly cleaned car :eek:. Happened a few weeks ago. Needless to say she got cleaned very carefully immediately after taking the pics :p

ma1erKS.jpg

hVYoO18.jpg
That's way to dirty!!:p
Not quite as dirty as the other Ns here, but 2 weeks ago after the first snow/salt was on the streets:
Fnte0ug.jpg

6d0U9r9.jpg

gtGFxpn.jpg

sE5Uadj.jpg
Oh that just sucks!!

Reactions: Bu11eT