• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Maybe they are afraid it will eat into the Kia Stinger GT market share.
I think that and it will take away from the glory of the VN. Also I can’t imagine anyone tracking a Sonata it’s too big of a car and more focused for commuting and general usability. While the VN is supposed to be the fun sporty car in Hyundai’s lineup.

Reactions: R Veloster N
The Sonata is suppose to be one of Hyundai's top sellers and family oriented sedans. I believe they might think it smarter to make it more available to the masses instead of to a select number of owners. Family oriented owners, aren't going to buy one.

It's in direct competition with the Nissan Altima, Accord & Camry. they don't want to lose their share in this market.

The Sonata is suppose to be one of Hyundai's top sellers and family oriented sedans. I believe they might think it smarter to make it more available to the masses instead of to a select number of owners. Family oriented owners, aren't going to buy one.

It's in direct competition with the Nissan Altima, Accord & Camry. they don't want to lose their share in this market.
Actually the Elantra is our top seller(Sales report posted below). But sadly year over year the cars are going down and SUVs are up. In reality it might make more sense to start shifting the Nlines towards the suvs to cater to a rapidly growing market. Even though I am totally against the suv craze I think the Venue and Kona would be great candidates for the N treatment.17F4A3C2-FEEB-4FE9-9F1B-4ECD85E0B441.jpeg

Yeah I know but SUV's, oh well. Yes we'll see the Kona for sure and the Venue could do for a new 1.6T engine and trim as well.
The 2.5t in the Venue/Kona would be a blast :eek: but sadly that’ll never be more than a wet dream. I’ll tell you this the 2020 Sonata with the new 1.6t is a dog compared to its prior theta variant. But I’m sure if they drop that in the Venue it may be more than enough to get up and boogie

They say the 2.0 NA is a better performer. It's also less rated at less horsepower than the Veloster 201 hp 1.6T. I believe they downrated it to 175 horsepower. The 1.6T 201 hp motor in the Marvel Kona was pretty rapid for most people and a real difference between the 175 hp 1.6T used in the Kona.

I noticed it right away when I drove it.

Just found this pic on r/Hyundai, thought you might enjoy:
l4kqcW7.png

Not the N, but already looking hot!