• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Develop Native Apps for N-cars

kek01

Nov 4, 2019
California
Hello,

I installed the Mando ECS10 ( LINK TO THREAD ) to play with the adaptive suspension on my Veloster N and noticed that neither the iOS nor the Android app that comes with it displays on the native Hyundai screen in the way that apps such as Google Maps and others do.

I also acquired the LAP3 PROSS tuner ( LINK TO LAP3 THREAD ) and it has the same issue; the app only runs/displays on the Android device not the Hyundai display.

So, after a little bit of internet surfing, I came across this:
LINK TO ANDROID AUTOMOTIVE OS

This requires your car to be running the new Android Automotive OS.

As it turns out, Hyundai has their own proprietary ccOS they use on all of their newest vehicles:
HYUNDAI ccOS

I don't know whether it is on our N-cars, seems to be a closely guarded secret.

So, where I'm going with this thread:
Is there someone that has developed apps for use on the native Hyundai display, or knows someone who does?
If so, I would like to begin a dialogue that will hopefully lead to enrolling/assisting as many aftermarket "tuners" (engine or suspension) in modifying or creating their interface apps to run on the native Hyundai screens (without having to display them on tablets or smartphones as Google Maps).

Randy

Actually no developer will be able to. Not unless they have access to the proprietary software via Hyundai or Mando. Don't think that's going to happen!:)

There will probably be someone who uses/used the interface or knows someone who does. That is who I would like to begin the dialogue with. I'm interested in enabling the app developers to "nativize" their app on the N platform.

One other little thought to consider; mess around with Hyundai proprietary software and your electronics hardware warranty goes by way of the DODO!:p So, unless you can afford to replace the electronics on your own, it not something to do.

Just a little something to think about.;)

One other little thought to consider; mess around with Hyundai proprietary software and your electronics hardware warranty goes by way of the DODO!:p So, unless you can afford to replace the electronics on your own, it not something to do.

Just a little something to think about.;)
Well, as I mentioned in the original post, I'm asking if someone has access to the development kit to make apps that run "NATIVE" on the screen. I'm not interested in altering the system, just interested in making apps that run native.

Once again, is there anybody out there that has developed apps for Hyundai?

Well, as I mentioned in the original post, I'm asking if someone has access to the development kit to make apps that run "NATIVE" on the screen. I'm not interested in altering the system, just interested in making apps that run native.

Once again, is there anybody out there that has developed apps for Hyundai?
Don't mind him he nearly lost his kid when I wanted to do some open source hardware mods. Immediately he started sending me messages filled with leagalese telling me to stop . Perhaps put a message up on xda?

Don't mind him he nearly lost his kid when I wanted to do some open source hardware mods. Immediately he started sending me messages filled with leagalese telling me to stop . Perhaps put a message up on xda?

Would appreciate if you could send screenshots of said messages in a PM so we can take care of potential problems.

Also: no condensing on other members. Read the rules again, if clarification is needed.

Reactions: R Veloster N