• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Test Drive Sat AM

ArCtIcFoX

Nthusiast
Oct 7, 2019
UK
Afternoon all,

Got a test drive booked for sat morning and wondering if anything i should be looking out for, Test driving the i30n Fastback.

Can't wait just wish it would stop raining.

Afternoon all,

Got a test drive booked for sat morning and wondering if anything i should be looking out for, Test driving the i30n Fastback.

I assume you're looking at a second hand car.
- Listen for steering creaking and creaking from the windshield-dashboard area.
- Open a window and listen for any odd noises from the suspension.
- Start the car a few times (hot and cold) and see if it has any trouble doing so.
- Check the tyres for bald spots (usually a great tell if someone has been handbrake drifting).
- Check the panoramic roof for creaking noises (if equipped).
- Go to a shop and have the car lifted. Check for any leaks. Check the shock absorbers for leaks too. Check the rims from the inside for damage.
- Check all exterior and interior lights.
- Go to a dark place (parking garage) and test the head lights. Raise and lower them using the wheel next to the door.
- Check for fog in headlights.
- Look closely at all body panel fitment. If slightly off or they have a small difference in colour, they might have been replaced or repaired.
There's probably more but I can't think of it right now. Good luck!!!

Reactions: ArCtIcFoX
I assume you're looking at a second hand car.
- Listen for steering creaking and creaking from the windshield-dashboard area.
- Open a window and listen for any odd noises from the suspension.
- Start the car a few times (hot and cold) and see if it has any trouble doing so.
- Check the tyres for bald spots (usually a great tell if someone has been handbrake drifting).
- Check the panoramic roof for creaking noises (if equipped).
- Go to a shop and have the car lifted. Check for any leaks. Check the shock absorbers for leaks too. Check the rims from the inside for damage.
- Check all exterior and interior lights.
- Go to a dark place (parking garage) and test the head lights. Raise and lower them using the wheel next to the door.
- Check for fog in headlights.
- Look closely at all body panel fitment. If slightly off or they have a small difference in colour, they might have been replaced or repaired.
There's probably more but I can't think of it right now. Good luck!!!

Currently looking at a brand new one :) good deal at £25.500 new in red or white, Gonna see if i can get a better cheeky deal before i sign though.

Please not the wife, she's always there and will remind you about the past, both the present and future.:p

The salesman, they deserve it and when he attempts to sell you that particular i30N simply say, "nope I'm going to order one!!":p

Last edited:
More so, I can just see the look on the salesman face now! on a long round about like Kings Cross! :eek:o_O Back end hanging out just a little bit, with a little counter steer and lots of of throttle and a little vocal indication at the start of "here we go!":p

Well i went and ordered one. Got a slightly better deal and should have by end of month woop woop. Was actually more sensible in it that i thought i might but went a few places i not been before so took it easy. The engine is so much more smoother that inwas expecting.

Whoo hoo!! How long before it arrives?
I'll be driving it around before end of month. Said they had 2 left in country so they getting one shipped to them straight away.

He did say it may be here next week but obvs need to get it regged and taxed.

Reactions: REM66
I'll be driving it around before end of month. Said they had 2 left in country so they getting one shipped to them straight away.

He did say it may be here next week but obvs need to get it regged and taxed.

My i30N was at the dealers 3 days after I ordered it, and I collected it yesterday.
Evans Halshaw Gateshead said 7-10 days delivery after checking stock plus I'd haggled with them to get PB paint thrown in to the deal at no extra cost to me as they wouldn't budge on the p/ex price they offered on my car.

So it might be here quickly and I'm sure you will enjoy it but those first 600 miles are a test. I've got at least another 2 weeks before I have the miles on it to open it up.

Reactions: ArCtIcFoX
My i30N was at the dealers 3 days after I ordered it, and I collected it yesterday.
Evans Halshaw Gateshead said 7-10 days delivery after checking stock plus I'd haggled with them to get PB paint thrown in to the deal at no extra cost to me as they wouldn't budge on the p/ex price they offered on my car.

So it might be here quickly and I'm sure you will enjoy it but those first 600 miles are a test. I've got at least another 2 weeks before I have the miles on it to open it up.

Yeah the wait is gonna be a killer for me, He did say it might be here mid week so could be this weekend coming BUT i don't want out rushed, On a side note, Just checked insurance to change and a extra £65 for the year WINNER, Was expecting £300ish going off website.

Reactions: REM66
I found there were ways of making the run-in period a bit more fun. Try not using the brakes. The Mrs and I came up with a game we called 'The Cruise Control Callenge' - 60 km/h suburban speed limit in 4th gear with cruise set and how long can you keep it on without touching the brakes or clutch? If the traffic is light you can have a hell of alot of fun, especially on roundabouts...

Afternoon all,

Exactly the same for me, it was lovely weather until I got to the dealers then it p***ed down on my test drive didn't put me off though still bought it, let us know what you thought the fuel consumption is not as bad as some on here would have you believe I'm averaging 32mpg.

Exactly the same for me, it was lovely weather until I got to the dealers then it p***ed down on my test drive didn't put me off though still bought it, let us know what you thought the fuel consumption is not as bad as some on here would have you believe I'm averaging 32mpg.
Well i have done round 170 miles upto now and im around 30s i think.