• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

ChalkWhiteVelosterN

Nthusiast
Aug 18, 2019
SoCal
There is a chance that I will be moving from SoCal to Prescott Arizona for school next fall and it seems that they tend to salt the roads. now they dont get much snow up there so it's not a huge issue but I would probably be bringing the N with me as a daily so I wont be able to avoid/not drive on the days that they do. Does anyone have some suggestions on the best undercoat for the car, and some tips on cleaning the salt off? I know POR15 is popular and I have used it before on some projects and it works well but I've never used it as a real undercoat. I am also considering just getting a beater car to drive around during the winter, but i'd prefer to drive the N as it isn't soul sucking

Ziebart, is the best I know if you're going to have someone else do the job. Getting a beater is another good choice. Rattle caning or brush on;

1. 3M 03584 Professional Grade Rubberized ***
2. Dynatron 544 Dyna-Pro**
3. RusFre Spray-On Rubberized
4. Penray 4424 Rubberized Undercoat

To keep salt off, high pressure wash it often.

Prescott is a pretty dry temperate climate. They get below US average rainfall or near 16" and 13" of snow which can be gone in a day or two.. Flagstaff to the north, is considerably worse. Their average elevation is are at 5374.

Reactions: ChalkWhiteVelosterN
Ziebart, is the best I know if you're going to have someone else do the job. Getting a beater is another good choice. Rattle caning or brush on;

1. 3M 03584 Professional Grade Rubberized ***
2. Dynatron 544 Dyna-Pro**
3. RusFre Spray-On Rubberized
4. Penray 4424 Rubberized Undercoat

To keep salt off, high pressure wash it often.

Prescott is a pretty dry temperate climate. They get below US average rainfall or near 16" and 13" of snow which can be gone in a day or two.. Flagstaff to the north, is considerably worse. Their average elevation is are at 5374.
Thanks, I'll look into those products! I will probably have some roommates so I might try to get rides to campus with them on the days they salt the roads. If I get a beater, do you have any recommendations? maybe an old AWD Subaru or something?

Generally, they utilize cinder. It will pit the crap out of your front end paint, so you might consider getting at least the front end PPF ed. Learned my lesson along time ago.

No I'm afraid I don't. Just look for a laminator, who has been around awhile and is well established.

XPEL or 3M PPF are the standard.

Check out the Tesla and BMW forums.