• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Speed Limit on Dash

UPDATE

Customer service has now been in touch and they have instructed the dealership to undertake the works FOC.

Route I went down...

- booked into dealership for fix on windscreen noise asked them to activate SLIF

- Dealership phoned to say that it would be £138 to activate, advised to speak with customer service.

- Rang customer service who told me it was an optional feature and would cost £138

- I complained that the feature was advertised in their literature on the i30N and that it was misleading, stating there are no extras advertised. I then got told I would receive a call back.

- Customer service called back and said they would activate it FOC due to it being advertised. They informed the dealer and customer service picks up the tab.

They did mention that they would look to change the literature and firm up the process, so if anyone else wants to try this route then do it ASAP.

Good luck!

Where about in leeds you from mate?

Still not hearing good things for Scottish dealers. I'm down Leeds/Huddersfield way in October.. might book into one of the decent dealers if anyone can recommend?

Still not hearing good things for Scottish dealers. I'm down Leeds/Huddersfield way in October.. might book into one of the decent dealers if anyone can recommend?
Aberdeen dealer apologized to me for being absolutely clueless and said they would speak to the workshop techs to advise this is something that can be done for the UK market. I aint been back tho. I'll be using Inverness when back up the road. Same chain (Arnold Clark) but seem better than Aberdeen,

Reactions: Rival Son
Aberdeen dealer apologized to me for being absolutely clueless and said they would speak to the workshop techs to advise this is something that can be done for the UK market. I aint been back tho. I'll be using Inverness when back up the road. Same chain (Arnold Clark) but seem better than Aberdeen,
That's good, but they were still totally crap for actually trying to buy from them and the showroom people just refer you straight up to the service centre without a second thought.

Just got SLIF turned on when I put my car in for service at Macklin Motors Hyundai Edinburgh East. When I booked my first service in online I just put the step-by-step instructions that had been posted a few pages back into their comments field and told them that the car was supposed to have that featured activated when delivered.

No charge :cool:

Just had my i30N Fastback into Hyundai in Maidstone to have the window remote and slif done. They couldn't have been more helpful, even had a cup of coffee while I waited. Have had the car for 6 days just a permanent smile. Hope the wind dose not change direction.

Are there any dealers in Cheshire who'll perform the SLIF and global closing activation? My dealer has just told me it was only possible on US cars:rolleyes:

Reactions: Dzhedaj
Are there any dealers in Cheshire who'll perform the SLIF and global closing activation? My dealer has just told me it was only possible on US cars:rolleyes:
which dealer? so I can avoid

I can confirm that Eden in Basingstoke activated mine and will be activating the one on my new incoming car too, free of charge. They were shocked when I told them that other dealers charge for this lol.

Reactions: NULLOBANDITO
I don't have this functioning and frankly don't see the point, If You don't know the speed limit on the road You're driving on You're simply not paying enough attention! Of course whether You OBEY the speed limit is an entirely different matter ;):p