• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Limited Edition i30N Project C

c4bl3

Nthusiast
Feb 21, 2019
Germany
Last edited:
Something else I bet the UK wont get :( I wonder if its Hyundai's version of the Golf Clubsport

Looks like it may be orange?

I guess it’ll be a compromise between the concept car they released and a standard N

Looks like it has the front flaps of the i30 N option and the front part of the side skirt looks similar as well but the rear part of it looks standard.
The diffusor looks like the one which has just been shown on instagram as additional performance part, there hyundai also showed a cfk hood also the top part of the seats looks like the sabelts. Wheels and semi slicks are probably those you can already buy as n-thusiast parts but they did not mount the light weight lug nuts. Does not look like its already equipped with the RSL29 brake pads either and there is also no additional wing as the n-thusiast part. Also no cage / clubsport bar in there.

would be interesting to know how they lowered the car though. Just different springs and shorter dampers oder maybe a more track-like suspension? If the latter, with or without different damper settings?

By front flaps do you mean the little winglets at the ends of the front skirt?
Would be worth getting that diffuser because the original one is so difficult to clean :mad:
LHD only, so won't be available in the UK.

Pistonheads

Last edited:
How much more expensive than the normal n?

I know it will sell but is it really worth it, maybe if it was an end of line before bringing out a new version?! Just seems a bit half arsed...

By front flaps do you mean the little winglets at the ends of the front skirt?

Indeed.

Price is said to be mid 40k in Germany, so roughly 10k above the usual version. Depending on discounts maybe a bit more than that.
I guess you can achieve the same if not better performance if you invest that money yourself but some ppl just like to buy a more „finished“ product instead of putting in coilovers, etc afterwards.

Not sure if wheel hop / tramping solved inn this version? £40k is a lot if same 0-60 mph time.
Hyundai won't let you upgrade or retune your car to the same as the Option. Manufacturers want you to trade in your car and buy new one.

Also if they lower this and give you a 5 year warranty, you buy the same springs and have it fitted by a dealer to a normal n but lose the warranty? Got to wonder how that would stack up in a court, maybe why they aren't giving it more power?

Reactions: beaglen
If this 45k is for Germany then for the Netherlands this will increase with at least 12-15k..
Welcome to the Netherlands!
All other EU country's around us don't have these ridiculous extra taxes that we have.

Does the project C comes with an alarm fitted by Apple this time? I-Alarm perhaps.

This price will push it towards the AMG/ Alfa Guilia territory. Its even more expensive than the new BMW M135 AWD.

In life, sometime you just have to accept what you are, so Hyundai should stop messing around and stay good at being a budget brand.

Just spend the money & give us a decent alarm and a sound system that is as good as the stock one inside a Polo / Fabia.

Does the project C comes with an alarm fitted by Apple this time? I-Alarm perhaps.

This price will push it towards the AMG/ Alfa Guilia territory. Its even more expensive than the new BMW M135 AWD.

In life, sometime you just have to accept what you are, so Hyundai should stop messing around and stay good at being a budget brand.

Just spend the money & give us a decent alarm and a sound system that is as good as the stock one inside a Polo / Fabia.
I strongly disagree with this, mr. Wolve, because there should always be someone on the market to keep the big players in check. I agree with hyundai's project C idea because it consists in a way to test the preferences of the N clients: they want more from the N but are they willing to pay for it, would they like a more civic type r-ish of a car in terms of design etc. It seems they payed attention to what the customers are saying so they wish for the next geN to come closer to what the market desires. If this limited edition will be quickly sold out, it will encourage the automaker to strive on with the beautiful N cars, and all those (supposedly) extra money will go into the development of the car (in order to keeping it budget), even towards that fantastic prototype. I've found listings for M135i xDrive starting at 41k€, and yes, 4k are a lot, but I am not sure about the price of the top trim bmw comes with. You would argue that bmw is no match for hyundai and it stood the test of time, but when you factor in all the mods preinstalled on project c and the resulted power to weight ratio, I would think again. You still get a lot for what you pay. Might I add the cost of reliability regarding bmws? Also, I'm sure they would have a margin for negotiation regarding the final price, especially if we are N clients or Hyundai clients.
More important, we'll have to wait and see the finish product and price in order to judge it right. My point still stands, there is no inovation without competition and, fingers crossed, maybe we are witnessing a proper David v Goliath battle here.

Last edited: