• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

ICE Media system rebooting

Has your media system rebooted whilst driving?

• Total voters
Mine is in next Thursday for a while you wait software update.
Well the dealer visit was a complete waste of time, all booked in to update the media software and the technician said there isn't an update for this, he said he looked at Hyundai Global way and there's nothing listed. Has anyone in the UK had this update ? And if so, a screen shot of the version numbers would be useful before I ring Hyundai UK.

Do you know what the software version is as mine is going in for a service soon and I would like them to do the updates.

Just had the car serviced and latest software updates done. Looks like everything has changed not just the satnav! Haven't had the new versions long enough to notice any specific changes yet. Though car felt a bit more spritely in N mode but could just be my imagination or the service has improved performance?

Attachments

• 2019 Apr system software.jpg
    2019 Apr system software.jpg
    607.4 KB · Views: 66
Reactions: Jajodu
Haven't had a reboot since mine was updated a few weeks ago, and it's done a couple of 3hr runs in the last fortnight.

I can confirm however, that it now keeps deselecting the Wi-Fi function almost every time I switch the car off for any length of time. :mad:

Reactions: icelink
Haven't had a reboot since mine was updated a few weeks ago, and it's done a couple of 3hr runs in the last fortnight.

I can confirm however, that it now keeps deselecting the Wi-Fi function almost every time I switch the car off for any length of time. :mad:
you aren't the only one. for some reason it's always off when the car starts, which is annoying

Spoke too soon.

Had a blip yesterday eve, then black screen this morning - was using Android Auto both times (nav & music), screen goes dark, switches music back to phone (which was bizarre), and had to revert to Hyundai Nav and radio. :(

My dealer reapplied/updated the software to my headunit while they were fixing my key issue. Rebooted again the day after I picked it up.
Have just had a call from them they're ordering a replacement unit for the company that looks after them is Aust. :D
I'll get the software version from it before it goes away.
Software: PDEN.AUS.SOP.V085.171123.STD_M
Firmware: PDEN.AUS.267.171124.MICOM.DL
NAV APP: DAP.AUS.HMC.171123.e4286237
Map: AUS.10.47.48.480.002.2

Last edited:
Reactions: Rotorhead500
Very nearly ripped my head unit out yesterday, and launched it out the window with phone (specifically Android Auto)!!! :mad:

Just had the car serviced and latest software updates done. Looks like everything has changed not just the satnav! Haven't had the new versions long enough to notice any specific changes yet. Though car felt a bit more spritely in N mode but could just be my imagination or the service has improved performance?

10k service, also same updates in austria. no mapupdate

Yesterday I have an reboot of the head unit

I was on Android Auto with nav and spotify music....

After read all the tread it seams be specific to android auto...

Yesterday I have an reboot of the head unit

I was on Android Auto with nav and spotify music....

After read all the tread it seams be specific to android auto...
Sorry to disagree but I've had it several times with Usb music and satnav in use. No android auto.

This whole thing seems rather strange. It appears that no specific build date is save from the crash but some never have any problems. I'm on 8000 km now, never used android auto, always regular navigation and always listening to music on bluethooth - never had a crash.

Reactions: GazmaN
This whole thing seems rather strange. It appears that no specific build date is save from the crash but some never have any problems. I'm on 8000 km now, never used android auto, always regular navigation and always listening to music on bluethooth - never had a crash.
Bizarre indeed. July 18 build, just under 7K km, usb music, radio, bluetooth and some nav use - not crashed once...touch wood.

Reactions: Hoodoo_Op.
Hey All, my headunit has been replaced :D
After needing to take a photo of it to send to the dealer to identify the variant for the supplier and waiting many weeks (around 6 I think) it's done.

My original versions are above so I don't need to write those again but here are the new ones :-
Software: PDEN.AUS.SOP.VO85.190121.STD_M
Firmware: PDEN.AUS.267.180627.MICOM.DL
NAV APP: DAP.AUS.HMC.171123.e4286237
MAP: AUS.10.47.48.480.002.2

Hopefully this sorts out the reboots, I hope I didn't just jinx it.......

Update - Still shit. radio rebooted yesterday.
Was listening to a song on Spotify via AndroidAuto. It paused for a split second and then continued then sound stopped and unit rebooted.

Maybe it's the AA, I don't think it's my phone (S9+) because I'm not the only one with the issue. I could try music from a usb stick for a little bit but would suck to give up the AA.

I drive a minimum of 150 km per day. I have had 2 black screens but only for a few seconds at a time. My music doesn't stop and I have only used AA. I just bought the car last month and have 4.000 km on it already so I don't know what to say...maybe I am one of the "lucky" ones so far.

Each time I use Waze and listen music from Google play the multimedia system reboots itself. I haven't updated mine since I bought it so in April 2018. Your commentaries are not encouraging but I still hope this update will fix it. Cross fingers.