• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

I30n PDe.1 vs .2 and new buyer questions

Reading about the changes in the suspension, how can I know if my car is MY19?

P.S Sorry for placing this one in the Australian sector as it relates to Europe but I didn't find any related discussions using the search function.
MY19 = square filler flap. Australian cars have different suspension to the European model. European suspension has not changed which is why you can't find any discussion.

MY19 = square filler flap. Australian cars have different suspension to the European model. European suspension has not changed which is why you can't find any discussion.

I feel like I read or heard something recently about a slight softening of the dampers in normal mode for Australian models. The guess was that it might be on cars out of the next build run. Have I made that up??

I feel like I read or heard something recently about a slight softening of the dampers in normal mode for Australian models. The guess was that it might be on cars out of the next build run. Have I made that up??

Yep, you made that up..... The original MY18 Australian suspension was tuned by an Australian company, for Australian roads. Having been told our AU N mode (Sport +) suspension is just a little stiffer than the European / UK Normal mode, our AU Sport Mode is a little softer than the EU/UK Normal Mode, and the AU Normal Mode is quite a bit softer than the EU/UK normal mode, I am SOOOOO glad. The thought of driving my car around in anything other than our Normal Mode gives me backache. Sport is too firm for the bumpy roads of OZ, and N mode is only for the smooth racetrack, IMO.....

I am led to believe (from the man himself) that he proved to Albert Beirman that the Australian suspension tuned car was quicker around Nurburgring than the European suspension tune. So maybe the change will happen, and that would be a good thing for you, but there has been NO announcement that this has happened with the MY19 build of the hatch or the VN.

Someone correct me if I am wrong...

EDIT: I believe the Fastback has a modified suspension tune. From the couple of reviews I have read/seen, it sounds like the Fastback suspension tune is a little softer than the Hatchback, maybe the EU Fastback suspension tune is very similar to the AU Hatch tune.

Last edited:
I've taken the plunge! Ordered mine today, just waiting for the notification of delivery date :D:D:D

Took the plunge couple of weeks ago. Waited patiently for about a week for an MG then heard from dealer it would need to be a factory order which would be a few months at least. So decided to open up colour options and ended up getting a PW instead, due to arrive by the end of the month. WIN! I think i would have gone a little nuts waiting for a few months. For discl i got lux. w/ roof.

Took the plunge couple of weeks ago. Waited patiently for about a week for an MG then heard from dealer it would need to be a factory order which would be a few months at least. So decided to open up colour options and ended up getting a PW instead, due to arrive by the end of the month. WIN! I think i would have gone a little nuts waiting for a few months. For discl i got lux. w/ roof.
I'm currently going a little crazy and it's only been a week! :)

PW a good colour but I’m biased

Reactions: Jetpac
I'm currently going a little crazy and it's only been a week! :)
I know how you feel. Good news for me at least is that it's due to arrive in the dealer at the end of this week. Hoping they can have it ready by Friyay. Hopefully yours isn't too much longer

Reactions: Beasty
Howja go, taken delivery?
Mate I'd love to say yes but delays with compliance supposedly. Dealer assures me before end of February. I hope it's not like other stories I have heard where you are being delayed time and time again. On the plus side it's allowed me more time to get my finance sorted so I'm all ready to go. Probably should start cleaning the garage out or something create some room for it and distract myself.

Mate I'd love to say yes but delays with compliance supposedly. Dealer assures me before end of February. I hope it's not like other stories I have heard where you are being delayed time and time again. On the plus side it's allowed me more time to get my finance sorted so I'm all ready to go. Probably should start cleaning the garage out or something create some room for it and distract myself.
Mine had a bond (customs) issue and the fellow from Hyundai was apparently on leave for a few days and couldn't resolve. IN any case mine's at the dealer now, I just have to pay and then I can get it. ETA Friday :D

Damn. Lol, yeah I had to find all sorts of distractions in the lead up to delivery just to take my mind off it. House and yard got spring-cleaned and anything that could possibly be polished got the treatment, from shoes to stainless steel appliances to the bloody silverware. The Mrs was stoked. And then I got it...the thing she calls "your new girlfriend" (heavily sarcastic tone included at no extra cost) :rolleyes:

Mine had a bond (customs) issue and the fellow from Hyundai was apparently on leave for a few days and couldn't resolve. IN any case mine's at the dealer now, I just have to pay and then I can get it. ETA Friday :D
Wah! Awesome news. It wasn't a white one was it? Enjoy the weekend!