• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!
Drag to reposition cover

NULLOBANDITO

Staff member
Nthusiast
Dec 17, 2018
Innsbruck, Austria
Mod-List:
Installed:
  • LED indicators
  • LED reverse-lights
  • Removed Fastback-logo
  • Remote windows up/down
  • Black Hyundai badges front/back
  • ITG cold-air induction kit
  • Pipercross V2 intake
  • Forge short-shifter kit
  • WeAreLikewise Shifter-handle + extension (Daytona/Suzuka)
  • Alcantara shifter-cover
  • Powerflex purple (A80 shore) dogbone bushings
  • Bosch Aerotwin wiperblades
  • Airtec intercooler
  • Cut-out intercooler grille
  • Garmin Dashcam
  • N-branded heel-plate for driver's floormat
  • Michelin PS4S tires
  • Toyo Proxes R888R tires
  • Forge Blowoff (recirc mode, like stock) (currently removed for more turbo flutter)
  • Velcro number-plate holders
  • Godspeed Brakes front/rear G-hook disks
  • New/Upgraded brake pads (Pagid RSL29) (EBC YellowStuff - will change back to RSL29)
  • Upgrade flex-pipe (HDT Motorsport)
  • WeAreLikewise lug nuts - Streets
  • HDT Motorsport GPF-delete pipe (freaking loud) (now changed to resonated)
  • Carbon fiber mirror caps from SharkRacing
  • Stiffer exhaust-valve spring (Küster)
  • SJ-Exclusive vented carbon fiber hood
  • MOMO Revenge 19x8.5 +45ET
  • Weds FZero FZ-2 19x8 +48ET
Planned:

• HDT Motorsport tailpipes
  • Boomba Racing intake manifold spacer
  • TG Works extended ducktail spoiler
  • Anti-roll bars
  • Mando suspension computer
  • ST coilover spring conversion kit for OEM dampeners
  • Front adjustable camber-plates
  • Alcantara interior
  • Mishimoto magnetic oil-drain plug (ordered)

Original Post

Alrighty, finally got'er this afternoon and already had some great fun! God, wheelspins in 2nd gear up to 70kph o_O
Screenshot_20190121-200131_Photos.jpgScreenshot_20190121-195849_Photos.jpg
Also got some great fuel economy :oops:
20190121_164006.jpg
A last waving goodbye to my trusty i30:
i30.jpg
And if anyone has figured out yet how to remove the outer part of the back light assembly without breaking the actual thing/their fingers please tell me, I couldn't get them off today :confused:

Last edited:
Alrighty, finally got'er this afternoon and already had some great fun! God, wheelspins in 2nd gear up to 70kpho_O

Also got some great fuel economy :oops:

A last waving goodbye to my trusty i30:

And if anyone has figured out yet how to remove the outer part of the back light assembly without breaking the actual thing/their fingers please tell me, I couldn't get them off today :confused:

And I thought there was something like a break in period :oops:

But congratulations! I really like that colour ;)

And I thought there was something like a break in period :oops:

But congratulations! I really like that colour ;)

Thanks! My dealer told me that while I shouldn't go completely nuts with the throttle while the engine/oil is cold, they said that for the first 600km or so the car's performance is electronically stepped down a bit until the break-in is completely done. Not sure if it's true, but I'm not beating the car too much right now, just a little bit of fun when starting from red lights ;)

Thanks! My dealer told me that while I shouldn't go completely nuts with the throttle while the engine/oil is cold, they said that for the first 600km or so the car's performance is electronically stepped down a bit until the break-in is completely done. Not sure if it's true, but I'm not beating the car too much right now, just a little bit of fun when starting from red lights ;)
Have your dealer ever had a look to the manual? :D it says you shouldn't go over 3k in the first 1000km. (so the manual)

I made it nearly like that, with many different gears and variable speeds, corners and different breaking styles. Your car will not get damaged if you dont do it like that, but it's a kind of "get to know" the car, so kind of breaking in period for the driver too ;)

UPDATE ON THE BACK LIGHTS: Was at the dealer today again and asked about how to remove them to swap the indicators. They told me to not ever attempt to remove them when the temps are below 10°C, due to the fact that there's a plastic clip in the back that holds it in (in addition to the things that hold the hatchback's rear lights in). If one attempts to remove them in cold weather, the chance that either the clip in the back securing the light snaps, or part of the light itself cracks. Cost for a replacement of one side: ~600€.

The hatchback has a very soft and "jiggly" rear bumper. How about the fastback, does it feel solid if you give it a small kick on black plastic part near the rear wheel?

The hatchback has a very soft and "jiggly" rear bumper. How about the fastback, does it feel solid if you give it a small kick on black plastic part near the rear wheel?
Uh... I haven't even thought about that yet. I, uh... might try? I guess? It'll probably feel soft/jiggly since it's essentially the same plastic.

Uh... I haven't even thought about that yet. I, uh... might try? I guess? It'll probably feel soft/jiggly since it's essentially the same plastic.
It's not about the plastic itself but instead how the whole bumper is fastened to the body, at least that's what I think. Kia seems to have solved the "issue" with their new Ceed line up, the old model had the same issue as the i30 hatchback.

Do you have N-Mats already?

My dealer said there are no N-Mats for the Fastback yet, so I got i30-Mats,
which i can change as soon as he gets the N-Mats.

Do you have N-Mats already?

My dealer said there are no N-Mats for the Fastback yet, so I got i30-Mats,
which i can change as soon as he gets the N-Mats.
Also only got the i30 mats right now. Not sure if I'll spend the extra cash on some N-mats later though.