• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Brakes Veloster N Brake Tuning

KoreaBroa

Jan 7, 2019
South Korea
Hello , Guys~!

As soon as I shipped the car, I tuned the brakes first

It is a cts-v brake system of oem product in Brembo.

Rear brake is vantil , so have been replaced with Winmax pad.

There is not much to be lacking in circuit driving.

If you have any questions, ask me a question :)

image_1644355571536108820099.jpgimage_1644355571536108820099.jpgimage_8592305801536108820099.jpgKakaoTalk_Moim_72k6dTjqKS0SNeb901mvpONJpJV3bQ.jpgKakaoTalk_Moim_72k6dTjqKS0SNeb901mvpONJpKOkdY.jpg

Attachments

• image_4295845401536108820099.jpg
    image_4295845401536108820099.jpg
    284.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
So the calipers mount directly on the Hyundai hubs without an adapter plate?
And what discs are those? CTS-V are 5x120 bolt pattern, so they will not fit our Hyundai's

So the calipers mount directly on the Hyundai hubs without an adapter plate?
And what discs are those? CTS-V are 5x120 bolt pattern, so they will not fit our Hyundai's
It's a 4piston and need a separate additional plates , it's common in Korea, and discs are used korea product.
in korea old cts-v 4piston caliper is popular item, so there are many products related to it.

Okay, thank you for the clarification.
However things are still quite vague :p
The ctsv brake swap in common in the US as Korea. A lot of the guys who track and autocross the VT do the big brake swap. And I believe pierce motorsports over here in the states sells a complete kit for the swap. But it’s based on the VT.

Reactions: jeroenvde
I don't really think it's necessary to upgrade the calipers on these cars at these conservative power levels. Once you start going above 400whp, I think then it would be warranted but the Ns have fantastic brake setups out of the box. A simple set of track pads, some high-quality blank or slotted rotors, and some stainless steel braided brake lines should be enough for pretty much everyone. Not to mention parts cost and availability are also great since it's all OEM stuff (no brembos, which have significantly higher costs for pads and rotors).

Now if you just wanted to upgrade them for show, that's a different story :p

I’m actually going to look for a slightly smaller GM/Brembo combo so I can fit 16” wheels on. Don’t think they’ll fit with the current front caliper/rotor dimensions. Don’t want any weight gain and hoping for weight reduction as a result.