• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

World Rally Championship

liam_b

Feb 2, 2018
Mansfield, Notts
Anybody follow Wrc?

Have been a neuville fan from him joining wrc. But he has just had a good run in the i20 to win rally Sweden.

Hopefully the gremlins are off his back and it's his year

Kris Meeks is another good driver. Watched him in the irc and win his title. Shame he is a bit to much like McRae all or nothing. Never leaves anything in reserve and is often over the line.

Reactions: paul-h
Big WRC fan here!!

Citroen seem to have sorted the car out (we wont really know until the first gravel round) Absolutely delighted for Craig Breen today! Solid drive all weekend and wasn't too far away from the top spot!

Neuville needs some luck and it seems to be coming but deep down I think its his championship this year, that said, you cant discount Ott Tanak or Sebastien Ogier either!

Just cant see JML holding a candle to Ott this year and JML is my favourite driver!!

Reactions: liam_b
Think JML should have left when MH retired. He had his time when he was with Ford, but now he is a team driver (winning rounds but never stringing results together to get a full championship under his belt).
Feels like he is there to make up numbers but only has fight for a few rounds.

I'm a big Kris Meeks fan. But he just doesn't have the consistency. Or throws away a good result with something daft.

Yes good result for Breen. Good driver. Has come through alot after losing Jaffa. And a few co drivers to get comfortable and find his feet. Remember seeing him at the Chatsworth rally show a few years back, very quick.

Think JML should have left when MH retired. He had his time when he was with Ford, but now he is a team driver (winning rounds but never stringing results together to get a full championship under his belt).
Feels like he is there to make up numbers but only has fight for a few rounds.

I'm a big Kris Meeks fan. But he just doesn't have the consistency. Or throws away a good result with something daft.

Yes good result for Breen. Good driver. Has come through alot after losing Jaffa. And a few co drivers to get comfortable and find his feet. Remember seeing him at the Chatsworth rally show a few years back, very quick.

I think Ott will massively outshine him this year. Will be interesting to see if he keeps his drive or retires at the end of this year though!

Yeah that's Kris in a nutshell, I just hope he gets a bit of luck this year. We've seen he's nearly untouchable when everything clicks.

Seriously good driver, one of the most consistent point scorers in WRC I'd say. He's just got to keep that kind of pace throughout the year! For sure no one deserves it more, the lad works hard and he never gave up! Says a lot about his ambition!

ive been a massive F1 fan for quite a few years, but am losing interest in the sport and the direction its going in. i was always aware Hyundai had a WRC team so after putting my order in i decided to look into it.

having subscribed to HM on insta i found put they were leading the d
stage this weekend and just seen they won! great news!

this could start a new chapter of motorsport for me.

ive been a massive F1 fan for quite a few years, but am losing interest in the sport and the direction its going in. i was always aware Hyundai had a WRC team so after putting my order in i decided to look into it.

Yeah totally lost the love with F1!

WRC is far more exciting in my eyes! Hyundai took a couple of seasons to get their car right they had suspension components failing (still isn’t perfect) but the pace is there and Neuville is a very, very talented driver!

Road position played in his favour this weekend.

I'm the same. Went to see F1 at Belgium and Silverstone in 2015 and 2016. But this year I do not feel excited.

If you want exciting racing then btcc is the way forward

I had forgotten about this home made rally car until it started playing after some wrc highlights on YouTube.

The car is savage!

Proper footage starts at 50 secs in
I was lucky enough to see and hear that thing is real life! Can confirm it is amazing.

Reactions: B00n87
I’m interested in spectating the WRC in Wales but I don’t think I’ll be free, might not even have the car by then! What is rally spectating like? More interested in drive my N between viewing spots and stages!

Great photos guys, but can you give me a sense of what it’s like to be there? The structure what a typical day would be like, that kind of stuff? Plus any useful tips on what to bring etc, much appreciated.

Preparation is key. My buddy and I decide in the evening prior to the stages which ones we would like to attend. When you attend bigger rallies you get a map with designated spectator spots. You can either go to these or try your own luck to find a spot along the stage route. Most of the times you have 3-4 stages a day. Most stages are driven twice a day, so you have the option to switch around and try different ones.

I suggest a camping chair (maybe something you can stand on if the spectator spot is packed with people so you can look over them), food and something to drink. That's basically it.

Depending on the amount of participating cars it takes 30 minutes to 2 hours before all cars went through.

If you like really for the sport I suggest you buy WRC+, so you can see the live timings on your phone and have a live feed to what's happening. I don't use it, as I prefer the looks and sound of the cars.

There is much more stuff to visiting a rally (Parc fermé, driving on public roads behind a wrc car - best thing ever, walking through the countryside while hoping to find a neat little spectator spot that wasn't on the map, etc. etc.)

I was at WRC Germany this month, and i've made a few quick i20N-pics for you guys :p

you can find a few more pics (yes I did make pics of other brands as well :p) on my Flickr

Stunning pictures! Really good!!

Reactions: Bu11eT