• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Speed Limit on Dash

Did you scroll to the bottom? It's not on my initial screen either - I had to continue scrolling or one time up.

Yes, there are only the 4 options in that menu.....:(
You can see there is no scroll bar on the right side.

It's all a bit strange.. It would be nice if Hyundai could confirm this, and many other questions, N-thusiasts have. It would maybe even help sell the brand, if they could make them fast enough, that is..:p
They should get an official PR person on these forums.

Reactions: BadShadd
Wow - I stand corrected (switched to English for the comparison)

WP_20180708_18_54_25_Rich (2).jpgWP_20180708_18_54_36_Rich(2).jpg
I have the scroll bar and the setting is at the bottom. Maybe the SLIF for Hyundai is only shown with the Navi.

Reactions: MrDeeJay
Funny you said that about putting it into German I was about to try the same.
Regards to the dealers with requests from owners to unlock various features like the windows and now the slif are they charging for it or are they doing as a customer service

Hi all,

I've noticed a few shots of the smaller centre screen (between the speedo and tacho) where the speed limit is displayed in the bottom right hand corner. How do you get it to display that? I've looked through the menu but can't find anywhere to customize it. Mine shows only the outside temperature. FWIW I'm from Australia, so I wonder if it's a country specific thing.

Cheers.

There's been some discussusoin on the topic here before. it seems that some countries didn't get this feature. If you have it, it should be enabled by default. You can check in the menu (when the handbreak is on) for the option to be sure.

There's been some discussusoin on the topic here before. it seems that some countries didn't get this feature. If you have it, it should be enabled by default. You can check in the menu (when the handbreak is on) for the option to be sure.

Do you know the name of the option by any chance?

@asd I'm not saying it's banned entirely, there are different regulations for different countries, differing laws for traffic fines etc.
The system is by no means accurate, so there may be certain regulations or even payments that car manufacturers are required to have their system "authorised for use".
If I get caught speeding and my SLIF is inaccurate do Hyundai pay the fine?

See this article.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/cars/co...tion-doesnt-work-like-deadly-game-numberwang/

At the moment, I'm only getting speed limit signs on the satnav.
Are there any UK owners on here that get SLIF on the dash?

Reactions: Stash-N
Speed limit signs on the satnav are from a database, so only as up to date as the maps, i.e. not very. SLIF = cameras used to interpret road signs, live, so can cope with 'Smart' motorway variable signage etc. No reason this should not be available in the UK.

I checked out the Hyundai websites for Europe (no mention of SLIF) UK ( no mention of SLIF) and Germany (SLIF advertised)

Clearly there is something that's stopping this from being available in all coutries.

But what could it be..:confused:

The UK brochure that I have (obtained before I bought my car) lists SLIF on page 36. Removed from the current version.

Last edited:
Reactions: MrDeeJay