• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Australian Hyundai Dealers and i30N

new i30 N performance costs have finally been provide to Aus dealers

Taken from

Prices before on-road costs are:

• i30N 6sp – $44,500
  • i30N 8sp – $47,500
  • i30N Premium 6sp – $47,500
  • i30N Premium with sunroof 6sp – $49,000
  • i30N Premium with sunroof 8sp – $52,000

Given that I had nearly 12 months of it not playing up, I'll carry on being sceptical. At least they didn't lose the data this time and were able to find at least 1 faulty part. It is nice to accelerate and not misfire have no power. It's fixed for now....but for how long....... 🤣

Reactions: GazmaN
Just an update on my dealer in TSV. They have got better in the last year. I think it's clear to them that Nthusiasts are going to raise a stink about any and all problems and expect it to be tip-top. The dealer has set me up with the same service manager for each interaction and that has been a real boon. He knows me well enough now and understands my expectations and is good at managing them. Things still are not getting fixed as fast as I'd like but there is almost zero push back on whether or not they should be fixed... early on I had to fight for EVERYTHING.

That said, like a few people in this thread, I've had a range of issues relating to the car. More than is really acceptable for any car. Like @Hugh_85 I'm skeptical about how robust it is and how long until it runs into another. I've got two more years on the warranty and the jury is out on whether it will stick around after that.

Reactions: Hugh_85 and GazmaN
Just an update on my dealer in TSV. They have got better in the last year. I think it's clear to them that Nthusiasts are going to raise a stink about any and all problems and expect it to be tip-top. The dealer has set me up with the same service manager for each interaction and that has been a real boon. He knows me well enough now and understands my expectations and is good at managing them. Things still are not getting fixed as fast as I'd like but there is almost zero push back on whether or not they should be fixed... early on I had to fight for EVERYTHING.

That said, like a few people in this thread, I've had a range of issues relating to the car. More than is really acceptable for any car. Like @Hugh_85 I'm skeptical about how robust it is and how long until it runs into another. I've got two more years on the warranty and the jury is out on whether it will stick around after that.

do you have a post of anything where you break down the issues you have had?

do you have a post of anything where you break down the issues you have had?

So... I have a spreadsheet I use to track things but I didn't post everything here as I've been pretty busy.

4/9Third gear is extremely hard to get into - They say they cannot replicate.
30/10Third gear is extremely hard to get into - They say they cannot replicate. There is a clunk in the steering wheel - a loose steering bolt - re-did.
19/12Hyundai corp sends a letter to apologize that the gearbox is still not sorted. They will pay for the next three services.
21/1220k service - adjusted gear linkages. Shifts are worse than ever - now first is hard to get into.
31/12New windscreen due to crack caused by rock chip
4/6More back and forth and finally the gearbox is replaced - shifting fine
13/8Reported clunk in the new gearbox - they are unable to replicate.
16/9Still clunking on downshift - Service tech heard the clunking this time and they tightened all the bolts - still rattles on the clutch in when coming to stop in first
2/430k service - battery replaced due to failure
02/06The driver's seat base is creasing - foam is falling apart. New seat foam and cover ordered. It has not smoothed out. Advised it will take time to smooth out.
8/7Engine tray came off while driving - it was missing a lot of clips - LH driveshaft seal was leaking - replaced under warranty
27/7Quarter panel plastic trim is warping - replaced under warranty
1/4The gearbox is leaking oil is making whining noise while in first and third. Case raised
13/4Gearbox exploded while driving at 110kph in 6th gear.
10/5Gearbox replaced under warranty
13/5When clutching in first with no throttle applied - rattles
8/6Mass flywheel was replaced to try to eliminate rattle. It still rattles but much much less.

It's booked in again at the end of August for three weeks so they can take measurements to see if they can find out what is causing this rattle as I am afraid whatever it is is what is killing my gearbox. They keep bringing up my tyres being 245's and mentioning that may be the cause of my problems and I vehemently disagree.

The parts to fix the seat (again) have been on order since around April.

It's been a long-drawn-out battle.

So... I have a spreadsheet I use to track things but I didn't post everything here as I've been pretty busy.

30/10Third gear is extremely hard to get into - They say they cannot replicate. There is a clunk in the steering wheel - a loose steering bolt - re-did.
19/12Hyundai corp sends a letter to apologize that the gearbox is still not sorted. They will pay for the next three services.
21/1220k service - adjusted gear linkages. Shifts are worse than ever - now first is hard to get into.
16/9Still clunking on downshift - Service tech heard the clunking this time and they tightened all the bolts - still rattles on the clutch in when coming to stop in first
02/06The driver's seat base is creasing - foam is falling apart. New seat foam and cover ordered. It has not smoothed out. Advised it will take time to smooth out.
8/7Engine tray came off while driving - it was missing a lot of clips - LH driveshaft seal was leaking - replaced under warranty
1/4The gearbox is leaking oil is making whining noise while in first and third. Case raised
8/6Mass flywheel was replaced to try to eliminate rattle. It still rattles but much much less.

It's booked in again at the end of August for three weeks so they can take measurements to see if they can find out what is causing this rattle as I am afraid whatever it is is what is killing my gearbox. They keep bringing up my tyres being 245's and mentioning that may be the cause of my problems and I vehemently disagree.

I run 255 AR1s on the front of mine, regular track use no issues at all from the box, must be something somewhere causing that damage, not that many things connect to the box, but sounds like a complicated issue.

Its a real shame to hear it, im in my 4th hyundai over 10 years without a warranty claim under heavy workloads.

hope they sort it out mate, there are some australian lemon laws that should apply over that timeline that could force them into proper replacement.

good luck with it!

@CleanSlate any update on this? Keen to hear how things went...

Wow, reading this long list made me feel real iffy about ordering one... My current car is on its last leg now and I will be forced to get another car. I really don't wish to go through issues after issues again (because this is what I'm going through now with my old car; one problem after another).

Anyone else share a similar long list of issues with their Ns?

Hardly anyone has problems, look at the whole list of forums on here,

There will always be one unlucky sod, I've had mine for 3.5 years and I'm very happy with the reliability of the car. Best I've had so far and that includes VW, Lexus, Subaru, Nissan etc.

The main problem appears to be the dealers, incompetent is the best word to describe them, ask @GazmaN

Reactions: GazmaN