• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

My interesting Neighbor (the TCR mechanic)

JAYtheVET

Nthusiast
Apr 23, 2019
Germany
Hey Ladies and Gents, been a while since I've been around ;). Just bought a house and 2 months of renovations have kept me very busy.

Found out something really cool the other day.

My neighbor, his name is Roberto...is the transmission mechanic for the TCR series i30n. What luck!

Some of my plans with the car will be changing as he has said he will assist with my build (when he feels like helping, I'm not going to push it. He's a good neighbor and person).

P.S. I asked about AWD...he said it's not planned. He also said the TCR i30n has to be governed because it was an average of 3.4 seconds faster than all of the other TCR series cars in testing.

Jay that's the idea. 👍

These guys get enough stress with their job and like to get away from it as they're able. it's a big responsibility.

Some are just born mechanics at heart and love what they do still, others have to work at it. Remember, this is what they get paid to do. Mind you, I'd have a blast at it.

Reactions: JAYtheVET
Dude...he wants to buy matching M2's...meaning both he and I buy one. He's insane and loves it. All I'd have to do is ask, but I'm only a partial asshole. Not a lot of people like to do their job in their free time. You, me, and him would be the exception. As well as about 95% of the guys and gal on this forum.😂

I work in the music industry spend montjs way from home, come home then hve to take the misses to concerts so working even when im not wrking lol

• Haha
Reactions: JAYtheVET
The engine block (except the tuning) in your car is the same as the TCR car but the rest is different. The i30N Project C car was a good idea but was it faster than the stock car? Hyundai should have gone 4 wheel drive and 300 to 350 hp with the Project C. The i30N has a heavy chassis so 4 wheel drive would make it quicker. Obviously the cost would be £40k and more.
I am also put off by the new look front grill and what have they done to the Tuscon???