• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

POLL: Would you buy another N branded Hyundai again?

Would you buy another N branded Hyundai again?

• Total voters
I feel that the poll is biased towards negativity.
There's one super positive option and four that are between "meh" and "better boil in hell than this" :):)

I believe we should cover the ones who are still evaluating the experience with their cars.
I got it only two months ago and with the lockdowns etc I hardly drove it albeit with a huge smile in every minute I was behind the wheel (even when the engine is not running).
I didn't get to experience the dealer but on the other hand coming from a small country, there's one dealer for each brand and none of them is famous for their amazing attitude.
Said that, my brief interactions with the service a couple of times left me with cautiously positive feelings.

Last but not least, this is my first even Hyundai and one (but not the main one) reasons I went for it was the ever-growing reliability the brand managed to create.

What my answer would be in this poll if I had such option ? --> "probably yes".

So thats a "Maybe" then? 🤔

maybe it's just me but a "maybe" with a "maybe...." has a different meaning for me. it give a doubt/negativity into it.

if that was not the intention, then I'm taking it back and I will go ahead and accept the weight of the dots upon me 😜

Mainly no. I love my car and will be a car I will always look back on as one of the greats... but I like change. my car wants for nothing, had no issues yet with the dealership other than annoying little gripes, but I will always be looking at what car I will have next! maybe one day in the far future but for now, I have no plans for a future N.

Reactions: GazmaN and _Emma
Mainly no. I love my car and will be a car I will always look back on as one of the greats... but I like change. my car wants for nothing, had no issues yet with the dealership other than annoying little gripes, but I will always be looking at what car I will have next! maybe one day in the far future but for now, I have no plans for a future N.

I used to be like that too but I think I have settled down now. Realistically there is nowhere to go for me now. I now own the type of car that I always wanted and dreamed of as a kid playing stuff like Gran Turismo. Sure I would like to own something like a Nissan GT-R too but unless my income basically doubles that will always remain a dream and that's ok with me.

Great post question given the time the N models have been on the market.
I am one of those Rag Tag group of existing owners mentioned above.
I voted "maybe" but not for any reason mentioned so far. I absolutely love this vehicle and have done since I purchased it.
Why "maybe" then? At this stage I am pushing 62 years old but expect I to keep the car for a few more years yet. This takes me a few more years towards "look at that silly old bugger driving that performance car" comments. Maybe I am that old man or maybe I will go softer and trade the N in for an N-line something. Kona, i30, Elantra or Tuscon. Kona Electric anyone? What!
As mentioned this will not happen for a couple of years yet and who really knows what will be in the market by this time.
The Hyundai vehicles I have owned ( 2011 IX35, 2018 i30N and 2020 Santa Fe) have all been very good to me and I have been very happy with the vehicles and the dealer support I have received over the years. I feel Hyundai (Australia) are doing a great job of promoting the N vehicles in particular here in Aus.
That dealer support is variable as many will confirm. Sales and Service staff come and go and we as customers can't do much about this. I am starting to see changes with my local dealer which is a concern. Again I am lucky to have alternative Hyundai dealers should I become too concerned.
I have rambled on too long. I am old as I mentioned.
My i30N is a joy in my life. I hope yours is too and I am sad for you if your experience has not been as joyful as mine.
@GazmaN and others, what can I say? :):cool:

Can I change my vote to maybe leaning towards yes- definitely ?
I'm a few years older than you but I still enjoy driving performance cars so don't want to end up in a boring 'old man's' car just yet but when I do it will probably be an electric one

Reactions: Stash-N
As sad as it may sound. I think some of you already know why.
Definitely no.
There are three options in the future:
- go back to a lighter car and tune it, still miss my Polo GTI, it was really great an well made, everything was perfect and in a lot of aspects better than the i30N.
- go to a AWD, because of the lack of winter and wet fun
- going electric something like the Cupra el-Born without speed limiter (electricity is cheap racing fuel)

I think it will not be worse than the up to 200Euros a month at the moment. Just saying i am open.
Also the 10k service costs went up from the promised 170-180 euros to almost 300euros.
Also its 3+ liters more in comparison to my good ol GTI which was tracked 3 times and the i30N is not yet tracked.
Somehow the 250kg less were a little more fun to the on small roads and corners. And yes it had a xds upgrade.

Attachments

• Spritpreise.JPG
    Spritpreise.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 14
  • verbrauch.JPG
    verbrauch.JPG
    33.8 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Reactions: R Veloster N
I do understand, but when more people are buying electric cars the price to will go up. Higher demand for electricity, will most certainly be passed on to the consumer and that will be everyone not just electric car owners. I just can't see paying a third to half more for one.

I get the AWD, where you are as well. 👍

Well yes, watching the Toyora GR drifting through wet corners or the new Golf 8 R in the snow like crazy, makes me just horny, while I am sitting here and waiting for summer to come.

Dealer / Hyundai UK network and the total inconsistency of things has put me off. Even to the point of I was tempted to chop it in while ill get what I paid for for the car but wife said no. It does what i want granted i cringe going near a dealer which i shouldn't have to. I'm even worried to track it thanks to my brakes failing and taking months for Hyundai to act. It worries me to push on in the car.

I wish the uk took a leaf out of the other dealer networks round the world to give a more uniform service.

still miss my Polo GTI, it was really great an well made, everything was perfect and in a lot of aspects better than the i30N.

Could you elaborate a little bit?
I can see a polo could be more fun in some aspects, but it couldn't be an all rounder as I30N is.

I mainly mean put your kids and wife in and cruise the highway. Polo is a small car.
You could still do the same with the Polo, just a bit more cosy that’s all, I think he’s more interested having a lighter car though, and I can understand why..

You could still do the same with the Polo, just a bit more cosy that’s all, I think he’s more interested having a lighter car though, and I can understand why..

You'll have to make compromises in some ways, depending on a car.
I'm just saying i30N and Polo are not even the same car segment, so they are not really comparable.

You'll have to make compromises in some ways, depending on a car.
I'm just saying i30N and Polo are not even the same car segment, so they are not really comparable.
Yeh not really comparable, both are hot hatches tho I guess, Im not a fan of the Polo, I wouldn’t swap an i30N for it no way, I’d be going Fiesta ST or i20N if I were him..

I voted Maybe because I like testing and living with various brands and their "sporty products"
After a couple of BMWs, I bought an Abarth, then the i30N.
For a next model, an i20N or a KonaN would -yes- be nice, but in this case I would opt for a ford ST model (fiesta, focus, puma) just for the experience of it. And after the ford, I'd go for another brand and so on as long as I can afford it

I know all that, despite the size of the car, I could compare it to a Golf 7.5 TCR or Golf GTI 7.5 Performance, but personally I can relate only to the Polo and I wonder how some minor things can be done much better even on a cheaper car.
I can write down a list of things, if you can handle it, but it will probably ignite a flamewar, beucase most things are design and quality related.