• Welcome to N-cars.net - the largest Hyundai N car forum. Check out the model specific sections below and scroll down for country specific forums. Scroll down for i20 N, Kona N and Tuscon N forums! Check out the i30 N Bible Here!

Forum Suggestions & Ideas

I know this is a common forum configuration, but it would be very nice to have the minimum character search limit reduced from 4 to 2.

Any reasonable web hosting platform these days has more than sufficient processing power, networking speed and file access speed to easily handle 2-character searches.

I know this is a common forum configuration, but it would be very nice to have the minimum character search limit reduced from 4 to 2.

Any reasonable web hosting platform these days has more than sufficient processing power, networking speed and file access speed to easily handle 2-character searches.
YES! ^^^THAT PLS too many things get... abbreviations and acronyms ;) that are 2-3 letters, it's kinda hard to expect newcomers to use the search engine before asking stuff if it's a struggle to find the proper threads for them even for old enough members who know it was already discussed somewhere...

Reactions: Cygnus X-1
YES! ^^^THAT PLS too many things get... abbreviations and acronyms ;) that are 2-3 letters, it's kinda hard to expect newcomers to use the search engine before asking stuff if it's a struggle to find the proper threads for them even for old enough members who know it was already discussed somewhere...
I have often searched for things that I have not found with specific words. Then I remembered other words from the text or a post and found it. This works also via google. By the way, on specific questions about the vehicle, we are very often suggested on google ;)

I have often searched for things that I have not found with specific words. Then I remembered other words from the text or a post and found it. This works also via google. By the way, on specific questions about the vehicle, we are very often suggested on google ;)
true I try to do that too whenever I can (I have superb memory, just very short;) ), but newcomers don't necessarily know other words from the posts they are looking for... I get your point and I am not about meking things harder then they are, but it feels like an extra bizzare step to google threads on our forum, I know you can use operators to google the forum only, but we do have a search engine here, so if possible lets use that, it has better filtering options than google.

Exactamundo.

true I try to do that too whenever I can (I have superb memory, just very short;) ), but newcomers don't necessarily know other words from the posts they are looking for... I get your point and I am not about meking things harder then they are, but it feels like an extra bizzare step to google threads on our forum, I know you can use operators to google the forum only, but we do have a search engine here, so if possible lets use that, it has better filtering options than google.
Yes and no tailoring of search results according to your previous browsing behavior by tracking. Google used to be good until they started doing this sh*t years ago.

I’ve been using ddg.gg (DuckDuckGo) primarily or startpage.com for many years now. They have their problems with inconsistent results, but at least they don’t track you, so you get less of those “lovely” targeted ads.

Apple’s Safari browser is just as bad for tracking and data sharing (between apps, no less), so I use Firefox and Firefox Focus in tandem, but that’s out of scope here, just FYI.

Last edited:
Reactions: asd
It shouldn't be too hard, although I haven't done any software development since... many years, and I'm half awake, so will look into it at some point.

Reactions: King_Elk
To be honest though... and I think I've posted that before.

For me it's much better to just download Adblock Browser. Navigate to the forums, and go to page>Add to Home Screen.
Now you have a shortcut on your Home Screen, which will open he forums directly, without ads.

Done.

Reactions: King_Elk
Yes I noticed that too. Google search anything and put i30N as part of the search string and you will see many answers from the n-cars.net address. :) I would say anyone researching the i30N could not help finding the forum.